Timpanogos Turns

Peniole

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
It's been the better part of a year since I've taken a photo break from work. Thankfully I did and just in time for the fall colours. Mostly gold still, not a lot of reds yet, although I think I chose the right time of day to really get the gold to show with the sun behind the leafs.

I'm particularly fond of the 4th in the group. C+C appreciated.

PA050024pshcopy.jpg

PA050032pscopy.jpg

PA050026pscopy.jpg

PA050039pscopy.jpg

PA050042pscopy2.jpg

Last edited:
I like the third and fourth pictures the most. The color of the trees is absolutely beautiful in all of these. I've been wondering, do they let you take cameras in the actual cave? Because if they do, I'll definitely have to make a trip down there soon.

awesome.....wow the fall is very beautiful....great work.

Thank you both.

Yes they let you take cameras in the actual cave as well (but last time I was in the cave was a few years ago, so you might want to check beforehand).

that's a nice place and nice pic

Beautiful. And I also especially like the fourth pic - the sunlight on the coloured leaves, the darker (and snow sprinkled) hills/mountains behind, and the cloud colours/formations all combine to make a lovely shot.

Hey Anty, thanks :D did you happen to notice the lens flare? That was a nice added bonus when I downloaded it off the camera when I got home. I was catcing up on what I missed, NICE tallships! That's one nice window you have ;) the rest of us have to drive for miles to find anything interesting.

Thank you jv17.

Last edited:
Yes they let you take cameras in the actual cave as well (but last time I was in the cave was a few years ago, so you might want to check beforehand).

Alright. I'll definitely look into it a bit. I went to Timpanogos when I was about seven, but I didn't have a camera then, so I'd love to go back with my current one.

THese are some great compostions, i like where you placed the tree's on the frist few. I also love the colors (greens and yellow pop put great). The one thing that is bugging me is that the highlights in your clouds seems to be blown out. Also on the forth one there is nocticeable lens flare.

What a beautiful area. The colors are beautiful! I didn't think that Utah's trees were changing that fast.

I agree about the fourth picture. It's quite lovely. The composition, what with showing the whole valley and all, shows what the place is all about--and I love the clouds in it!

Thanks you all for the comments and crituque.

I tried to balance the highlights in the clouds as much as possible, I had to compromise somewhere to get the colours in the leafs to pop. As for the flare I like it, but to each his own.

Most reactions

Back