TinyTogger and I, doing portraits

Bend The Light

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So our next competition at camera club is mono portrait, so I took Ruby (TinyTogger) to the studio for some more lighting and photography practise. The only issue she has was her model was not the best model around, but he did his best and I think her portraits are pretty good. The editing on PS and using Nik Silver Efex Pro are all her own work.

I also include my two entries for comparison...:)

1. Diagonal Dad

Diagonal Dad by Tiny Togger, on Flickr

2. Dad

Dad by Tiny Togger, on Flickr

3. TinyTogger - a Portrait

Ruby Mono Portrait by http://bendthelight.me.uk, on Flickr

4. Rock Chick

Rock Chick by http://bendthelight.me.uk, on Flickr

Let us know what you think. :)

EDIT: I should clarify that the Rock Chick is NOT TinyTogger playing the guitar in her pants, but actually a proper model. :)

Last edited:
These are uniformly awesome. The last is, obviously, the most awesome.

You could work on your posing. You don't look like you're thrusting your jaw out in the approved fashion, but maybe you're going for realistic instead of flattering?

Technically, these are spot on. You could probably throw more lights at it and get a slightly more sophisticated look, but they're good stuff.

I'd say this does cement the idea the creativity is genetic.

Good work to both people.

Might I suggest the title for the first one be "Dadagonal?"

These are uniformly awesome. The last is, obviously, the most awesome.

You could work on your posing. You don't look like you're thrusting your jaw out in the approved fashion, but maybe you're going for realistic instead of flattering?

Technically, these are spot on. You could probably throw more lights at it and get a slightly more sophisticated look, but they're good stuff.

Posing? Me. Nah, I just sit there and she takes what she can get. You see the very reason why I like to be THIS side of a camera and not THAT side! Ha ha!

I'd say this does cement the idea the creativity is genetic.

Good work to both people.

She is a bit of a "chip off the old block" it's true...in more ways than in photography...

Thank you. :)

I like it! Shame we have already put the titles in, and in fact the title was Ruby's so I had to go with that as I did with all her decisions on the shots. :)

Wouldn't that be a bit obtuse?

Heh heh...I bet you didn't even think of that answer before it came out - like a reflex!

Excellent series BTL - my only nit, and it's a very, very, very minor one is the pupil dilation; perhaps increase the ambient in the studio a bit (or look into the modelling light) so that they're not quite so large, other than that, WELL done, espeically number the last!

Excellent series BTL - my only nit, and it's a very, very, very minor one is the pupil dilation; perhaps increase the ambient in the studio a bit (or look into the modelling light) so that they're not quite so large, other than that, WELL done, espeically number the last!

Thank you. I don't mind the wide pupils, though....:)

Cheers

Very nice, BTL! Love the post, exposure, everything! Excellent tone, details rocks... just NICE! Same to the togger! ;)

Very nice, BTL! Love the post, exposure, everything! Excellent tone, details rocks... just NICE! Same to the togger! ;)

Many thanks. :)

I will pass on your words to TT - she's currently away in Wales with the wife and other daughter - hopefully taking a few pictures! :)

Most reactions

Back