TinyTogger's last few images...

Very nice, BTL! She has been improving.. amazing for her age!

Wow! She is talented. And only 7yo? How did you start teaching her? My grand daughter is 3 and I let her set up shots of her toys to photo.

Wow! She is talented. And only 7yo? How did you start teaching her? My grand daughter is 3 and I let her set up shots of her toys to photo.

We first bought her a Vivitar camera that was rubber coated and waterproof. She used that for a bit, took it swimming and so on. After that, she borrowed her mum's compact canon a few times and started taking a few pictures, like you said, of toys and things. She did a challenge on a forum with me to take a picture every day in October 2011. We decided she was getting into it, so I upgraded my camera Christmas 2011 and gave her my 400D for Christmas.
One of her first pictures came 8th in my camera club competition (out of 34 images) that January, and she got the bug! She won 3 certificates in the presentations for the 2012 season. :)

Now she does take the camera sometimes, but we don't force her to. If we do, she decides not too (contrary!). But when she does take it, under her own steam, she listens to instructions, understands ISO, Aperture, and Shutter Speed, and knows about depth of field. She listens, and is a quick learner.

I did start using RAW, but sometimes all she wants is a quick JPG, print it, and take it to school to show them.

Here's a BTS shot...doing the glass and strawberry thing above...

887038_10200147383142085_145124650_o by http://bendthelight.me.uk, on Flickr

Most reactions

New Topics

Back