Tips for taking band photos

Approximately how many lights does he plug into it and how many shots does it last?[/QUOTE]

He usually just uses one or two lights depending on how many people, bands usually require two. He uses Alien Bees B800s. I think the battery pack only has one outlet, he uses a serge protector (is that what they're called?) with a bunch of outlets. As for how many shots it lasts, he's done two four-hour shoots without recharging it. It has never died during a shoot or ever really. If you want to check out some of his photos he's done like a hundred band promos and most of them are on his site: colbymoore.smugmug.com

A Vagabond II battery pack can power multiple lights, and as long as they are not the big guns (1000 W/s and up), or are not use at full power (bands are normaly shot in low light situations anyways), you will get hundreds of shots out of a single Vagabond II.

I can get something like 600-700 shots with my Vagabond II unit with a single Photogenic 2500DR studio head (1000 W/s) at 1/2 power off a single charge. It could likely do more, but that is as far as I have taken it in one day.

Most reactions

Back