TLR film help

icdapoakr

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I have a Seagull TLR and I'm having trouble with the film. The exposure counter has never worked so I just shoot film until I can tell it's out. First I ran a roll through just to see if it was working properly. The film came back with exposures on every other spot. So i got 6 pictures on a 120 roll instead of 12.

I fixed that by cranking it halfway and then rewinding it with the multiple exposure button. After I ran another roll through I found out that the film didn't start when I started taking pictures and that I didn't take exactly 12 pictures (I wasn't really counting, though I should have).

I'm loading the film up till where it has those arrows on the film by the way. I like the camera because it's sharp so I'm trying to find a way to save this. I just can't use it for anything practical because I never know when the first picture is taken.

Is there a way to fix this?

I dont know if this will help at all, but i figured I might as well chime in.
I've had a similar thing happen while shooting with my Bronica, which is a 120 SLR, unlike yours which is a TLR.
I took it to a local photoshop and the man there was explaining to me what was happening with my exposures, why one was exposed and the next one was not. Turns out it had something to do with the registration pins on the backside of the lens that was not engaging when I clicked my exposure. It would only register every other time.
Turns out it was not very much to get it repaired.
Your TLR and my SLR Bronica are different in how they shoot images so I'm not sure if this applies to your camera. Maybe this will help thou.
Also thou, once you load your film into the arrow mark, remember that it still will take a few rotations of the crank to make it to the first exposure.

If it's like my Rolleiflex, you have to slide the film under the first roller or I don't believe it will register. Do you have an instruction manual?

DaveO

Most reactions

New Topics

Back