to buy

nasir017

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Which camera is full qualitative to take a very very best photo?

Read up on cameras, dslr's, point & shoots, and then a bit on photography, and figure out what camera best suits your needs.

Asking which camera takes the best photos is like asking which violin plays the best music. It's not the violin that plays the music by itself, is it? It takes years of practice to play good music, just as it takes years of practice to take good photos.

So do you want to learn photography to take good photos, or do you want a camera which takes good photos for you? A high end point and shoot will take better photos for you than a high end dslr in auto mode. Some other folks on here can recommend you a good point and shoot.

Oh, and there's no such thing as the very best photo.

"The best photo" can be many things to many people. If you give us an idea of how much you have to spend, and what you'd like to photograph, we can point you in a suitable direction.

That's like asking what vehicle is the best. As stated, we need more information.

You could say that a BMW or Mercedes is the best vehicle, but neither are going to fit my needs of driving into the woods to chop and load wood for the winter. In that case, I need a pick-up truck of some sort,
preferably with 4-wheel drive.

There is no such thing as 'the best'. It does not exist. It's a myth. A dream. An illusion.

There is no 'best' car, fry pan, baseball bat, work boots, cough medicine, ladder, copier, hamburger recipe etc.

If 'the best' camera truly did exist, it would be the only one made, sold and used.

Camera does not take photos. Even the very best (bestest of the bestest) camera can not tell you what to shoot, where to stand, what kind of image you want to get and when to press the button. Technically ANY modern DSLR is capable of the best image quality photograph. ANY MODERN DSLR. The difference in image quality between a 700 USD and 7000 USD DSLR camera is very small. In the real world it is often negligible. You will need to understand, that it is you who take photos, not the camera. This is like asking "What is the very very best hammer to hit the nail on its head."
You need to seriously think about it.

Or, if you are seriously bored, buy Mamya Leaf Credo, it will definitely give you wonderful images. Mamiya Leaf Credo 80MP Digital Back Kit with 645DF DSLR and 80mm f/2.8 LS D Lens 020-00302A

Last edited:
Nikon D810 is one of the best d-slr types in the world, as far as image quality. The Nikon D750 is another excellent picture-taker and is probably the best overall value in a full-frame camera WITH good video capabilities. The Nikon D7100 has excellent image quality.

Camera does not take photos. Even the very best (bestest of the bestest) camera can not tell you what to shoot, where to stand, what kind of image you want to get and when to press the button. Technically ANY modern DSLR is capable of the best image quality photograph. ANY MODERN DSLR. The difference in image quality between a 700 USD and 7000 USD DSLR camera is very small. In the real world it is often negligible. You will need to understand, that it is you who take photos, not the camera. This is like asking "What is the very very best hammer to hit the nail on its head."

Or, if you are seriously bored, buy Mamya Leaf Credo, it will definitely give you wonderful images. Mamiya Leaf Credo 80MP Digital Back Kit with 645DF DSLR and 80mm f/2.8 LS D Lens 020-00302A

False. There is a HUGE difference between the ability of a D5100 and a D4s. Huge difference. Just like there's a big difference between a finishing hammer and a ball-peen and a framing hammer. There are TOOLS for the job, and some are better than others.

False. There is a HUGE difference between the ability of a D5100 and a D4s. Huge difference. Just like there's a big difference between a finishing hammer and a ball-peen and a framing hammer. There are TOOLS for the job, and some are better than others.

not technically true. although the technical specifications of certain cameras are indeed superior to other, it's not so much the quality as it is the emotional output that connects the photographer to that of the viewer. for example, although i currently own a 5D mark iii, with its 22.3mp full-frame sensor that, combined with my favorite 24-108mm, takes absolutely gorgeous, my best picture by far was that of a simple pink spring flower, taken with a ten-year-old Canon 20D.
again, specs are for those who care more about getting the sharpest or most accurate photos. in practice, though, all you need is the proper composition and point of view that uses your imagination to capture the scene exactly as you envisioned it. of course better camera have more features to make this easier but the fact of the matter is that every camera performs the same function. the only difference is the intent.

not technically true. although the technical specifications of certain cameras are indeed superior to other, it's not so much the quality as it is the emotional output that connects the photographer to that of the viewer. for example, although i currently own a 5D mark iii, with its 22.3mp full-frame sensor that, combined with my favorite 24-108mm, takes absolutely gorgeous, my best picture by far was that of a simple pink spring flower, taken with a ten-year-old Canon 20D.
again, specs are for those who care more about getting the sharpest or most accurate photos. in practice, though, all you need is the proper composition and point of view that uses your imagination to capture the scene exactly as you envisioned it. of course better camera have more features to make this easier but the fact of the matter is that every camera performs the same function. the only difference is the intent.

So you could stop a dog at the perfect moment mid jump with a d3000 and 18-55? No. I'd rather use a D4s and 70-200. Those images will be NOWHERE near the same, in both quality and content. I don't agree with the "gear doesn't matter, it's all about the photographer" view. It's a load of crap.

Probably we differ in our understanding of "HUGE". :eyebrows:

My point is, one has to get to a certain level of skill and vision before the difference between "tools" , as you say, becomes important. At this stage a photographer does not ask these questions on a forum, he knows what "tool' he/she needs.
I am convinced that if someone asks what camera they need to upgrade to, 9 times out of 10 they do not need an upgrade. At the very least a guy who needs an advanced camera will ask advanced (specific) questions. When someone asks which camera is the best in the world, chances are (very good chances) he needs a D3300 or a D5200 just because of its tilting screen nothing else. These cameras will be the best in the world for him/her.
For a beginner who does not even know what-ball peen is (btw what the hell is it?), it is all the same: he is going to hammer simple nails into a straight plank in a random order, just for his own pleasure. Yeah, I need to capture my doggy in a jump, give me D4 ! I would say, give me a break. My golden rule - think of an image before you think of a camera. Not the other way round. When you know what image you want to take, you know what camera, sorry "tool" you need to use.
That simple. I, for one never asked what camera should I buy, I know what I need for my photography, nobody knows it better than myself. If I was thinking "well, what camera do I need?", - my biggest worry would be - is there something wrong with my photography? Sadly, a lot of people just want to own a hammer. They like hammers. Once they got it , then they start looking for a nail. :icon_cyclops:

And, by the way, give a D5100 to GaryA or Derrel or some other guys here, will all know who I mean, they of course will look at it thinking "what the hell is this", but then will produce a perfect image of a doggy in a jump. Simply because they know a thing or two beyond AF speed numbers.

End of rant.

Last edited:
Even if you can buy the best camera, can you produce a 'best' photo?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Look at what cameras produce the contest-winning shots in, say, PopPhoto. You'll see everything from top shelf DSLRs to scanned 120 film shot on 60 year-old Rolleiflexes. What do you think matters most?

Most reactions

Back