Today's Trawl

D-B-J

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Went out on the boat again today and this time we caught some cool stuff. Usually in the fall we find cooler/more unique things, and these are some from today.

Fourspotted Flounder (Paralichthyes oblongus). This is a smaller one, but still a cool find. First one all year that I know if.
Fourspotted Flounder by f_one_eight, on Flickr

Filefish (Famil Monocanthidae). Definitely not a typical find-they are a southern species, common on reefs and such.
Filefish by f_one_eight, on Flickr

Clearnose Skate (Raja eglanteria). Not so uncommon as the other two, as we've caught a few this summer already. Typically they are much larger (caught one near a meter long). Definitely a cool organism, and it has beautiful eyes.
The eye of a Clearnose Skate by f_one_eight, on Flickr

Cheers!
Jake

Neat photos! I caught a skate once on light spinning tackle while fishing in a saltwater area from a pier. WOW!!!! Fought as hard as a good-size chinook salmon! Weighed 18 pounds in one of those nets-with-scale-built-in thingies. It was massive in size. That flounder looks like it'd make some decent breaded fish fillets!

Neat photos! I caught a skate once on light spinning tackle while fishing in a saltwater area from a pier. WOW!!!! Fought as hard as a good-size chinook salmon! Weighed 18 pounds in one of those nets-with-scale-built-in thingies. It was massive in size. That flounder looks like it'd make some decent breaded fish fillets!

Yeah, they are strong animals that's for sure! And no, the flounder was only about 6" long. We did catch a summer flounder that was about 50cm. Now he woulda made a great dinner! Sadly our scientific collection license doesn't allow us to keep animals for food... [emoji20]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most reactions

New Topics

Back