What's new

Tokina 20-35mm f2.8

nickzou

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Jun 12, 2011
Messages
593
Reaction score
40
Location
Ottawa
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Does anyone have this lens? I found it recently for 250 dollars. How does it compare to the Nikon 24mm f2.8?
 
I can't really say anything on the specifics of that lens itself since I never owned one, but I have actually just bought a Tokina 12-24mm DX II today. I can tell you one thing about the construction of the lenses made by Tokina: solid as a brick. This lens cost about 2/3 of what the nikon one does, and it is obviously better built. The quality and sharpness of the lens is also very similar to the nikon version and I really can't tell the images apart. So, speaking about Tokina lenses in a general sense, I think you would really not regret buying one, I'm extremely happy I saved the extra 400 dollars and ended up getting something that is just as sharp as a nikon and it is actually more sturdy. Good luck!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom