Tokina SZ-X 24-70mm MF lens

Norten

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
From time to time I like to browse through my local thrift shops and pawn brokers to see if something interesting might pop up that I can adapt and use with my Sony mirrorless.
Recently came across a Tokina SZ-X 24-70mm 1:3.5-4.8 in what appears to be a reasonable condition, but I cannot find anything worthwhile in terms of reviews or discussions on the web.

Does anyone here have any experience with this lens? What can I expect if I get it and stick it onto an a6300?

No experience with that lens in particular; I think mine was a 28-80, 3.5-5.6. But I do remember the Tokina SZ-X lenses from my camera salesman days. Their construction was the best in their class; far better than Sigma and Tamron of the same price. Optics were very good, too.

However, that is kind of a slow lens and if it is manual focus, it's not ideal on a digital camera. They're hard to focus. Take a pass. Modern lenses are better in almost every respect, and you probably have one of the same focal length already. The only advantage I can see is that the construction is a bit more sturdy than modern lenses.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back