Took This today

wjchiefs

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi I took these photos today this is the 1st time i evey posted photos on here i need you to tell me what you think good or bad. I am very new to getting into this hobby. I have a nikon d60. I really like photos and would like to get into this hobby doing this alot more even thinking about doing some calls to learn let me know what you think of these photos i took today please.
Love the face on this one
018-1.jpg

031.jpg

025.jpg

019-1.jpg

not bad. Welcome to tpf! Number three and four are underexposed.

I like the second one. Nicely taken. Good colors and exposure across the scene.

maybe it's just me, but is this random size day! medium, thumbnail, thumbnail, LARGE.

I wouldn't say they are bad, but just snapshots, #1 like the expression, but it's cluttered with excess junk. #2 rule of thirds, 3, underexposed, #4 water. Keep shooting and put some creativity in it. Try new angles, get low, high, candid, anything.

ok i dont know what underexposed means i am really new to this just got the camera never really had one before. Ryan L i guess they are snapshots isnt that what you do when you take photos. Is there something else i should be doing. I didnt know how to put on here but i know how know as someone sent me a messsage telling me how. I tried to make the small but i guess i made them 2 small. I like what eveything that people are telling me to help me out is there some good Online Sites that i can read up on the rights and wrongs and how to use my cam. I have a nikon d60

underexposed simply means the not enough light ... or too dark.

hi WJ

Clicking the shutterbutton makes an exposure. You expose the sensor in your camera to light when you do that. How much light is let in determines the look of the photo. Too little and it will appear unnaturally dark. Too much, unnaturally bright.

Looking at the luminance histograms, #4 is almost a perfect exposure and #3 isn't so bad either - effectively utilising all dynamic range with only nominal clipping of the data at each end.

histo.jpg

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back