Top 5 Accessories to Buy 1st?

jbarnes.US

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I just got my Canon, and all I have right now is the camera and a kit lens. So, I am wondering what accessories I need to buy first. From what I have read, I need a bag and a tripod. What other accessories do you guys consider a staple for photography? (I will mainly be shooting wildlife/animal photos)

What model dslr?

Telephoto lens 70-200mm, bag, tripod+head or monopod, battery grip, lens/sensor cleaning kit and some snacks.

Oh, sorry. I meant to put my Canon T3. I know it is an entry level camera, but it is all I need at the moment.

They didn't try and upsell you a UV filter? :lmao: But seriously, a good circular polarizer filter is a good accessory for what you want to shoot.

They didn't try and upsell you a UV filter? :lmao: But seriously, a good circular polarizer filter is a good accessory for what you want to shoot.

Is a UV filter not needed ? For protection of the lens?

Hmmm.... Top 5 after a bag and tripod...

I would say-
remote (cheapest item on the list)
flash
then fill the other slots with more lenses, or use the money towards a better tripod. You will never wish you had a crappier tripod... A good tripod will last decades.

I would just shoot. You will figure out what you need while you shoot. The worst you can do is buy bunch of crap that you wont use.

Is a UV filter not needed ? For protection of the lens?

That's a debate right up there with Canon vs. Nikon and Mac vs. PC. One thing though, every camera shop seems to upsell a $10 filter at the time of purchase.

CPL are absolutely useful.

But I agree with just "go shooting."

You'll figure out what you need.
This is a hobby that a lot of people get into, then just as quickly exit. :D

Curious as to the grip recommendation. Why would a beginning photographer need a grip? A spare battery, yes.

Well you'll probably need a bag but otherwise just save and invest in better glass. Dont get caught up in all the accessories.

Most reactions

Back