Top five regrets of the dying

Thanks for sharing that. I feel good about all but number 1.

Me, too.
I did what others expected of me for quite a long time.
I don't so much regret what I did but what I didn't do.

I also regret the no sex while bungee jumping. I think that would take a really good sense of timing.

#4 is the only one I don't really know about. I don't really have many friends. I've moved around so much that it was never worthwhile to keep in touch with people after I left.

I don't regret not staying in touch with people, but there are very few people I've stayed n touch with. I have very few friends, but that doesn't really seem like a problem to me...

The other 4 don't really apply to me, lol.

Me, too.

I also regret the no sex while bungee jumping. I think that would take a really good sense of timing.

I have always done what is expected me my whole life.
There is one thing that I regret not doing and have regretted for a long time and still to this day think about...(the one that got away)

You still have time left to try the bungee jumping thing. Lol!

I had a couple close calls in life that made me rethink a lot of things. I have to say, I've lived a much fuller life because of them. I also live it for those that stood with me and can't live it anymore.

Great find. I wonder if the regrets of this current generation I kids in 80 years will be the same considering that technology and the work climate has changed so much since the elderly were young.

The only hong I kind of disagree with is the point about happiness is a choice. Maybe like 90% of the time it is, but depending on the person happiness isn't always something you can just choose to feel.

That's for future hamlet to worry about.

I was actually think about buying the book. :) The topic really gets the wheels turning.

I have recently come to grips with #2. I won't work very hard anymore simply to enrich someone else's bank account. At most I have 20 years left if you go by genes so I will learn to live with less money and more adventure. When I tell people this they look at me as if I've lost it. I'm glad I found it now instead of on my death bed or even never at all. I'm trying to figure out how to live on $5-8K a year w/o living under a bridge. All the toys are paid for,I'm single and debt free other than normal living expenses. It's going to be interesting.

I'd say dying would be the #1 thing I regret.

Lew, you need to come with a warning label. I now have to explain to my tech support guy why my energy drink is all over my keyboard effectively killing it.

It came out my nose and it hurts!

I liked this article. #1 and #4 really hit home for me.

Great find. I wonder if the regrets of this current generation I kids in 80 years will be the same considering that technology and the work climate has changed so much since the elderly were young.

The only hong I kind of disagree with is the point about happiness is a choice. Maybe like 90% of the time it is, but depending on the person happiness isn't always something you can just choose to feel.

I couldn't agree more.

Me, too.

I have to say that I've never really lived my life according to what other people expect of me, though perhaps now the people who have known me for a long time expect me to be as contrary as I've always been :) When I was younger, my very strict parents had tight control over my decisions, but then came the fateful day when they sent me off to college. After that, all bets were off.

There was one decision in my life that I made based largely on what another person wanted, and that is probably one of my biggest regrets. Never again.

Like Josh, I've got a small group of friends - really don't feel that I need more than that - but I do wish I kept in touch with them more often. That's something I'll work on.

Most reactions

Back