Topaz Sharpen AI - results

SquarePeg

hear me roar
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I had been using Topaz Denoise for a few years and had bought it as part of a bundle of Topaz plug ins for PS when I had PS11. It's the best noise reduction software out there. When I switched to iPad and Affinity for my editing I couldn't use my Topaz plug ins unless I broke out my old laptop and loaded the photos into PS which wasn't really worth the effort. I rarely used the other Topaz plug ins like Sharpen and Adjust.

Recently I switched back to editing on a new laptop and was able to install the Topaz plug ins with the latest updated versions using my original product key - even allowing the mac version when my original downloads were for pc. The Sharpen AI is my new go to for sharpening when I'm done with editing in LR. Here's an example of how nicely it works. Using auto mode it chooses whether to correct for focus, stabilization or sharpening. Easy peasy. My only complaint is it takes it out of the LR flow and you can't go back and tweak previous edits. With that being the case I have been sharpening as my last step in the editing process. Anyone else using this and have a better way of doing it?

Sharpened in LR - this is a heavy crop
_CAT9926.jpg

sharpened in Topaz Sharpen AI
_CAT9926-Edit-2.jpg

One more example - a very heavy crop for demonstration
LR
_CAT9900.jpg

Topaz AI
_CAT9900-Edit-2.jpg

I bought Topaz DI a few months ago and it really is a fantastic piece of kit as can be seen here.

That is amazing. Thanks for sharing this information.

I think they have 30 day free trials if you think you would use it.

I bought Topaz DI a few months ago and it really is a fantastic piece of kit as can be seen here.

DI is that the Denoise? Have you tried out the Gigapixel AI? I'm saving the 30 day trial on that until I have something good to trial it with. I'm sure I'll want it!

The whole bundle is on sale for Black Friday right now - which is how I bought it back in 2013. I got a sweet offer to add the Gigapixel and the JPEG to RAW but I have other things that I need much more than that like a 2nd camera body.

That is amazing. Thanks for sharing this information.

I think they have 30 day free trials if you think you would use it.

DI is that the Denoise? Have you tried out the Gigapixel AI? I'm saving the 30 day trial on that until I have something good to trial it with. I'm sure I'll want it!

The whole bundle is on sale for Black Friday right now - which is how I bought it back in 2013. I got a sweet offer to add the Gigapixel and the JPEG to RAW but I have other things that I need much more than that like a 2nd camera body.

Sorry, my bad. I meant to type Topaz DeNoise AI.

No, I've not looked at Gigapixel AI but will now you have mentioned it.

Ta!

Looks good. I'm downloading the trial to see how I get on with it.

Wow, there's a huge difference in the examples you provided with the Topaz coming away a clear winner.

Never tried that one either.

Try Topaz Clarity its very good too...

Clarity was replaced by Adjust AI and is no longer available or being updated. If you bought it already it should be in your Topaz account and you can download the last version for free I believe.

Clarity was replaced by Adjust AI and is no longer available or being updated. If you bought it already it should be in your Topaz account and you can download the last version for free I believe.

What does that do then?

Clarity is now part of Topaz studio, I used the stand-alone Clarity for years

What does that do then?
I have the Adjust AI - it was part of the free upgrades from the bundle. Adjust is like a set of filters or presets. Nice for some things but nothing you can't do on your own in LR with enough time.

What does that do then?
I have the Adjust AI - it was part of the free upgrades from the bundle. Adjust is like a set of filters or presets. Nice for some things but nothing you can't do on your own in LR with enough time.

Thanks.

Most reactions

Back