Torrey Pines Beach

MarcusM

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
What the heck, here's an old shot from 2004 just north of San Diego. C&C welcome. Normally I don't like the centered horizon but I don't mind it on this shot:

torreypinesbeach2.jpg

The waves are lame there. When I was a kid we used to hang at Solana or a couple other spots I know. :wink:

Yea, first and only time there. I haven't been to Solana I don't think. Crazy story that goes with the shot though...

This was the first time I went in the ocean...unbelievable. We were in San Diego for 3 or 4 days for a trade show for work...and we went and played in the ocean and went bodysurfing every morning before the show. The last day the swells were crazy and I ended up getting lifted up a couple feet and started getting pulled out a little, think I may have gotten caught in a slight rip current. Got scared and doggie paddled my ass off to where I could touch bottom again!

I spent the rest of the morning watching everyone else, and then the president of the company who came with, was body surfing and ended up getting slammed by a wave and fractured a vertebrae. It was pretty crazy, wasn't sure if he was going to be ok, but he ended up having to wear a metal halo for several months and is ok now. Here's some shots from the last day:

IMG_0181.jpg

IMG_0183.jpg

IMG_0184.jpg

IMG_0186.jpg

wow, not one comment besides how lame the waves are there?

The surfing shots don't do much for me, however the image in the OP is very nice. I agree, the centred horizon works, I think in this case because the surfline is effectively at 90 deg to the horizon, so the intersection puts your eye in the centre of the image.

Most reactions

Back