Toshiba Exceria SD cards, thoughts?

Jack2013

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi all,
I recently purchased an 8GB Sandisk Extreme Pro SD card (95mb/s) for my D7100. Whilst waiting for it to arrive I've been looking online at other brands and speeds and came across the Toshiba Exceria Class 10 UHS 1, which has a read speed of 95mb/s and write speed of 90mb/s (written on the front of the card).
I realise the buffer size of the D7100 is on the small size but from what I understand a faster card means faster clearing of buffer, faster continuous rate when buffer is full, as well as faster transferring to the computer...

Has anyone bought these cards, or bought any cards through Toshiba, are they reliable?

Kind regards,

Jack

Slightly off topic: I just noticed how much cheaper microSD cards are in realation to the normal SD ones. Any thoughts on them? One could seemingly save quite a bit of cash buying microSD.

Slightly off topic: I just noticed how much cheaper microSD cards are in realation to the normal SD ones. Any thoughts on them? One could seemingly save quite a bit of cash buying microSD.

That's interesting, and then use a SD adapter?

Hi all,
I recently purchased an 8GB Sandisk Extreme Pro SD card (95mb/s) for my D7100. Whilst waiting for it to arrive I've been looking online at other brands and speeds and came across the Toshiba Exceria Class 10 UHS 1, which has a read speed of 95mb/s and write speed of 90mb/s (written on the front of the card).
I realise the buffer size of the D7100 is on the small size but from what I understand a faster card means faster clearing of buffer, faster continuous rate when buffer is full, as well as faster transferring to the computer...

Has anyone bought these cards, or bought any cards through Toshiba, are they reliable?

Kind regards,

Jack

A 95mb/s card is good, but at that speed it will be the camera write speed that dictates how fast the buffer is cleared, not the cards.

I have not used Toshiba cards, but they are a quality manufacturer, so they should be good.
My primary card is San Disk, followed by Maxwell, and Fijifilm. All are quality cards.

That's interesting, and then use a SD adapter?

correct, which are very cheap.

For example, a 16GB Exceria microSD 95 mb/sec is $18. A regular 16GB is $39.

Adapters are $1-2 bucks.

Oh wait, looks like the write speed is only 30 mb/sec and not 90 mb/sec like the full sizes... carry on.

Hi all,

Kind regards,

Jack

Just to clarify, the Sandisks are also 90/95

SanDisk Extreme Pro SDHC and SDXC UHS-I Memory Cards by SanDisk
... With write speeds up to 90 MB/s** (600X) and read speeds up to 95 MB/s** (633X) this card exploits your DSLR's potential ...
[\quote]

I buy mine refurbished and save quite a bit of money

THIS used to be the most-current, best information on ACTUAL, in-camera, camera-model-specific memory card write speed performance, but it is slowly slipping behind the times.

Rob Galbraith DPI: CF/SD/XQD Performance Database

Still, one can see some definite brand-related trends in performance.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back