Total noob question

Auspiciousnight

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Ok, so I have studied light composition all that Jazz. But for the life of me, I cant get my pictures to have that POW! look. Mainly I am talking about color. I have seen other pictures on this site that the color is just fantastic. Bright, dramatic, vibrant... What am I do wrong? Do I need like $5k in equipment?

Sorry, I just have worked really hard and I cant get "it" yet.

Any advice would help a lot.

Thanks.

step1, get a gray card, its $5 and set your WB. if your exposure is correct, so will be your color.
step2, PP- how much and how well is up to you :)

sounds like you want to increase the color saturation...

Do you need 5k in gear? No. But the gear you have might affect the colours and such coming out of the camera.

If you post examples, more targeted advice can be given.

Are you shooting RAW or .jpg? If you're shooting .jpg, play with your camera's settings. If you're shooting RAW, you NEED to post-process your pics.

Ok, so I have studied light composition all that Jazz. But for the life of me, I cant get my pictures to have that POW! look. Mainly I am talking about color. I have seen other pictures on this site that the color is just fantastic. Bright, dramatic, vibrant... What am I do wrong? Do I need like $5k in equipment?

Sorry, I just have worked really hard and I cant get "it" yet.

Any advice would help a lot.

Thanks.
Studying it and doing it are 2 different things.

You don't mention what you're using for lighting.

Actually, I get the impression you're just using whatever light is already there, rather than using your own so you have more control.

As suggested earlier examples are good.

I can give you a generic answer something along the lines of you need post processing, lighting control, and to shoot with the correct settings.

Or you can post one of your pictures, and a picture you are talking about and we can start nit-picking difference which makes one stand out above the other.

Most reactions

Back