tough shooting

Raymond J Barlow

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.raymondbarlow.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
With these tiny birds, in the bushes, and now we have so much shade as all the leaves are coming in, photography is somewhat more difficult! after a couple of shoots this week, I finally got some editing done.. here goes..

websz0840.jpg

websz0841.jpg

websz0843.jpg

websz0844.jpg

websz0845.jpg

thanks for looking!

I simply fail to see where these look darker than the ones you took in winter, and I can't stop being amazed at how very close your lens takes you to them ... where ARE you when you take these. And do you detect such a nest, then install yourself somewhere higher up to be on the same level, and wait, wait, wait?

Still, when the mother/father bird arrives with the worms, I'd be far too excited to get my focus right, I guess!

And that swallow has the sun reflected in its eyes... no trees or leaves... and your photos are always sharp enough to find that out :greenpbl: - which speaks for their superior quality!!!

OMG they are all so good, just got to love the first two as they are shots we rarely see

wow, fantastic,

how close do you manage to get to these birds? as the DOF is very small...

thanks Lost!

LaFoto.. I did manage to find some areas with some good light, (a bit harsh though) but some of the birds I see are so hidden by the foliage, and in the forest with dim lighting. Last spring was when I first started to work on my bird photography, and I had no idea what I was doing, now after going through the 4 seasons, it seems like I am looking at a whole new view.

I am better educated, but I feel like I have only touched the surface of what is out there. Bird photography is such an incredible challenge.

And the best thing is that I have Daisy hooked on all this! Even more fun!

Thank you once again for your very kind words!

Duncanp ..the minimum focal distance for the 80-400 lens I use is 2.3 meters, most of the time I cannot get that close. I am usually anywhere from 3-10 Meters from these small birds. ( 10 - 30 feet)

These where all taken at Point Pelee National park, at Canada's most southern geographical point. This park host 10's of thousands of bird watchers every year, form all over North America.

I have a few more, and I will post them later., thanks again for your comments!

OOO There are MORE!!! I really love them!! These mommy and baby bird photos truely made my day!! Its joys like that that put a smile on your face! LOL...

love your pictures!! thanks for teaching me photography! now im getting addicted to it!! now its your turn to watch the baby, and i'll go shooting!:lol:

:hail:

........ran out of words Sir. Ray. 1 and 2 rock. !!!!!!!!!!

I am wondering how you SEE these in the first place?
Yesterday, when I was out taking photos of our fir tree, I could hear many birds in the plum trees in the front garden, they were all making a big racket, with Mr Sparrow on the roof valiantly attacking even the magpie that brought about all this melee. So I inched closer and closer, always looking in the direction of the sound, and I must have ended right underneath one bird --- and could not SEE it! Not at all!
I was thinking of you all the time, and wondered how you do this???
Not only taking their ever so brilliant photos.
No!
Spotting them in the first place :confused: --- I couldn't.

thanks everyone!

LaFoto said:
I am wondering how you SEE these in the first place?
Yesterday, when I was out taking photos of our fir tree, I could hear many birds in the plum trees in the front garden, they were all making a big racket, with Mr Sparrow on the roof valiantly attacking even the magpie that brought about all this melee. So I inched closer and closer, always looking in the direction of the sound, and I must have ended right underneath one bird --- and could not SEE it! Not at all!
I was thinking of you all the time, and wondered how you do this???
Not only taking their ever so brilliant photos.
No!
Spotting them in the first place :confused: --- I couldn't.

The fun is in the hunt LaFoto! Photography is the adventure and the conquest. For me, it's the excitement of the chase.. getting out to find the right subject, in the right light. I do find it mentally exhausting sometimes, and after a day of shooting, I come home to 1000 new decisions in editing. There is so much planning, set-up and execution involved.. a thousand mistakes have been made, and I want to make sure I don't make any this time!

I know the same fire burns in you, and the results will come if you give yourself a chance., I have seen some wonderful stuff in here of yours, and as everyone has kept telling me.. keep shooting! ( I guess they say that because they have seen other people pack it in!)

Your pictures are just incredible. Even if I will save a small fortune for 400 mm lens, I don't think I will ever get any close to your mastership.

the first two are outstanding...... but i love the fourth too, perfect shot..... great stuff as always ray :thumbup:

Fantastic series. I also love the 1st two, such amazing captures!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back