What's new

Tour du Midi

Dikkie

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Nov 20, 2005
Messages
999
Reaction score
355
Location
Belgium / Brussels
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
0067.jpg


This is the Midi Tower.

My wife says this photo would be better if the whole tower is framed, but I'm not 100% sure about that, yet.

A photograph can be interesting if not everything is visible, in this case you can imagine what the rest of the building would look like, or how high it would be in real life.
Same for portraits, when not all parts of the body are in the picture. It gives you a space for thought.

But maybe I'm going for a 'revisited-edition' for this one, later on when I have some spare time.
What is your thought on this?
 

Attachments

  • $0067.webp
    $0067.webp
    55.3 KB · Views: 65
I really like the image; actually this image's strong point is not the building, but the triple street light. Building just gives a fine background for it. So it is not a big problem that the top of the building is missing

Regards :D
 
Not to take sides, but you're right. This is not architectural photography, but is a street scene.

I like it. There is good artistic balance, human scale, and the well-known building anchors the scene in space.

You can further irritate your wife by hanging a print of this on a wall.
 
And it was with a mini tripod, from 5cm from the ground, so I couldn't see through the viewfinder what I actually was pointing to :D
Actually a kind of 'lucky shot'. I didn't photoshop it much, just auto corrected the perspectives with this free software: ShiftN
 
0067.jpg


This is the Midi Tower.

My wife says this photo would be better if the whole tower is framed, but I'm not 100% sure about that, yet.

A photograph can be interesting if not everything is visible, in this case you can imagine what the rest of the building would look like, or how high it would be in real life.
Same for portraits, when not all parts of the body are in the picture. It gives you a space for thought.

But maybe I'm going for a 'revisited-edition' for this one, later on when I have some spare time.
What is your thought on this?

I like it and i agree with both your choice to shoot level (avoiding converging lines without the use of a PC lens) and also the choice to exclude the full height to keep that 'unknown'. This is something I use in cropping images quite often.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom