TPF Across America - The Journey of One Lens Across the USA - Round 2

I think the idea is to send the same lens around. Not just to half a dozen folks, then have the lens go AWOL and replace it. THIS lens is a replacement, fer cryin' out loud!

480sparky said:
I think the idea is to send the same lens around. Not just to half a dozen folks, then have the lens go AWOL and replace it. THIS lens is a replacement, fer cryin' out loud!

Agreed, but unless you're springing for airfare and hotel for the posse you proposed to go to Alaska I think chipping in for a lens is the next best/cheapest alternative. We could send Kazooie after the perp but from some of his posts the perp would probably just use him as a toothpick.

I'm not sure weather to be honored that you considered me, or offended that you called me a toothpick. :lol:

Yeah I know that but if the lens is missing then I'm willing to get the ball started again by throwing in another lens.

I have a Nikon 28-80mm 3.3-5.6g, Nikon 50mm E F1.8, Rokinon 28mm F2.8, Nikon 35mm E F2.5, and a Vivitar 70-210mm F3.5. All are manual so yeah....

If we're just going to keep replacing an AWOL piece of glass, let's just agree to do a "Day in the Life of..." set instead.

480sparky said:
If we're just going to keep replacing an AWOL piece of glass, let's just agree to do a "Day in the Life of..." set instead.

So do we do if the lens is awol and never return ? Do we just let the project die? I really do wish people wouldnt take the lens for themselves. Then I guess we wait until it show up again.

So do we do if the lens is awol and never return ? Do we just let the project die? I really do wish people wouldnt take the lens for themselves. Then I guess we wait until it show up again.

This is pretty much how the first lens ended up.

Kazooie said:
I'm not sure weather to be honored that you considered me, or offended that you called me a toothpick. :lol:

I'll go with honored. ;)

I think an address should be posted of who has the lens so maybe someone near can politely go ask for it

2WheelPhoto said:
I think an address should be posted of who has the lens so maybe someone near can politely go ask for it

yeah then someone will start complaining about invasion of privacy. Unless a rule is put into effect that says if you want the lens then cough up a address, in not then no lens for you. A fake address might be given by those thiefs.

2WheelPhoto said:

Plus they're in Alaska, nearby could be 700 miles.

I am really bummed about this. I hope somehow that we can keep this going..

Most reactions

Back