TPF Newb looking for some critique.

AndrewN

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello all,
I'm Andrew and I just recently got into photography, I'm 17 and shooting my dads Canon EOS Elan and I would love some criticism on my pictures. Ive only gone though about 3-4 rolls so I'm still new to all this. Sorry about the grainy-ness because my scanner isn't too great. Thanks for looking.

scc.jpg

knightsbridge.jpg

firehouse.jpg

Heya Andrew, welcome to ThePhotoForum.
Interesting to see how more and more newcomers to photography start right out with trying to do night photography, and on film no less, i.e. without any instant feedback. Really fascinating - it took me decades (and the advent of digital photography, mind you) to ever venture into that field! Wow.

I really (and best by far) like your first photo here, I really like the aperture you went for (small enough to get nicely small "stars" as your lights and not big fat blobs), I like the many different lines that lead through the frame, the element of repetition (given by the lights as well as the (almost) horizontal railings and repeating stair cases interrupted by those "landings" and the diagonal line of the foremost railing. I would wish to see this a bit larger to see more detail (and I long for my own screen to look at it, for I feel I am not seeing all its detail on this - not mine - older screen).

thank you so much! Ill post a larger version of #1 shortly.

Most reactions

Back