trailside view for c&c

Carla_

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was going for a simple composition during this morning's hike. How's the exposure? Is there enough interest? Could it be made better with pp? Please be honest! This is a local shot. I can come back later for a reshoot.

TIA!

view1web-1.jpg

Yes, this is a nice shot.
Yes, it can have more punch with some sharpening techniques (but not on a small image like that)

And get rid of that horrible frame - it only hurts.

I think some PP would help. I raised the contrast, shifted the color blue/green and replaced the sky.

Joe

view_trail.jpg

Thanks Travelor. I have no problem losing the frame.

Joe, I like it. How did you adjust the colors exactly?

Hi,

I used Photoshop. I began by changing the image mode from RGB to Lab. I shifted the b channel .85 and the a channel .96. Then I went to the Lightness channel and pulled the highlight slider over the meet the graph. Switched the mode back to RGB and used Hue/Saturation to raise the color saturation. I removed the sky and replaced it with a blue gradient.

Joe

I'd get rid of some of the grass/bush in the bottom, it ruins it in my eyes.. And yes as mentioned above some sharpening and color adjustments could greatly improve the photo.

Joe and EmilRye,

How's this one? I "cheated" with the Topaz plugin.

view1bweb.jpg

Your edit's better than the original, but I think you should edit out the smoke in the background like Joe did.

thanks. I replaced the sky to add a few clouds. How's this?

view1dweb.jpg

Most reactions

Back