What's new

Train Panning

woodsac

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jul 14, 2005
Messages
5,712
Reaction score
260
Location
In a black hole
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This is my very first attempt at panning. I guess I got lucky...cause later I got all set up for a train coming out of a tunnel and my focus was off by about 5 feet. The front of the train was blurry in every shot. :confused: There were 3 more from this group, but they were about the same as these.


1
55460014-L.jpg


2
55460018-L.jpg


3
55460020-L.jpg


4
55460023-L.jpg
 
very nice woodsac!!! good job on the panning!! :thumbup:
 
very nice, these are very hard to get.... I like the last one the most!!! how do you do it??
 
#4 is dead on! love the colors .. and a great job on the pan
thanks for sharing :D
 
Heya, woody, you dared trying it and the outcome is at once this good!?!?! Wow. These are really good. I like all of them very, very much, mostly so the second, where there is only such tiny part of the engine in focus, but the most important, so I think, and all the rest has motion blur. Great. The feeling of speed is so well transported through these. I am in awe. But this is nothing new to me when looking at woodsac-pics!
 
These are superb woody, great pan shots, think 2&4 are my favs. 10/10 :hail:
 
Thanks everyone!

As far as 'how'...I just use a smaller aperture than I normally would so I am forced to use a slightly longer exposure. Then, you just move with the subject and shoot. I'm sure some are quite good at it, but from I've read, it's pretty much trial and error each time depending on the available light and the speed of the vehicle/object.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom