Trampoline fun with a fisheye.

idcanyon

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I let the kids show their stuff on the trampoline yesterday. The first rule was that they weren't allowed to smash the camera. The second rule was that they had to show their face and keep their feet high and heads low as much as possible to reduce distortion.

These were taken with a Rokinon 8mm f2.8 lens at close to wide open and averaged about 1/1500 sec (more or less). No added lighting. Exposed for highlights and pulled up the shadows in post. Its incredible how much can be pulled out of the shadows these days. I put the camera on a pole to hold it near the middle of the tramp. I strategically pulled it away at the last second.
sam_2022.jpg

sam_2062.jpg

sam_2068.jpg

sam_2114_edit.jpg

Comments, criticisms?

#4 wins it for me ... like the wrinkly shiny texture in the boys clothing. Is there some tone-mapping HDR thing going on?

Love this idea

Nicely done. Good idea. Good execution.

Very cool indeed. It would be well worth repeating without the netting around the trampoline however.

Thanks all.
Agreed, cool. I like #2 the best.
#4 wins it for me ... like the wrinkly shiny texture in the boys clothing. Is there some tone-mapping HDR thing going on?
I'll be sure and let these guys see the votes. They are a bit competitive. I think I like #1 best, just because of the expression.
HDR... these are single image processed in Adobe Camera Raw. Shadows all the way up, Highlights all the way down. It does provide an HDR-like effect.

Very cool indeed. It would be well worth repeating without the netting around the trampoline however.
I'm thinking the net frames it up and provides a clue about what is happening since you can't otherwise see.

Great idea. #4 all the way. He looks like a Ken Doll falling out of sky .. Too cool

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Those are fun and cool looking! Nice job!

I'll go with the flow - I love these, the concept is great and your execution put a smile on my face. Well done!

I'll make a mental note of your name, welcome to the forum! :)

Most reactions

Back