Trandscend compact flash cards

swmocity

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
anyone have problems with them..this seems like a good deal
[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Transcend-TS4GCF133-Ultra-Speed-Compact/dp/B000VY7HYM/ref=sr_1_13?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1223778320&sr=8-13[/ame]

It is a good deal. You'll have people only swear by certain brands, but they are overhyped. I wouldn't purchase any OEM disks, or non-branded third-party stuff, but I've used transcend for many moons and their products are fine.

If however you want the BEST deal, see if any online shops have the Sandisk deal going on where you can get a 8GIG or 16GIG card for 15 or so bucks after rebate.

It is a good deal. You'll have people only swear by certain brands, but they are overhyped. I wouldn't purchase any OEM disks, or non-branded third-party stuff, but I've used transcend for many moons and their products are fine.

If however you want the BEST deal, see if any online shops have the Sandisk deal going on where you can get a 8GIG or 16GIG card for 15 or so bucks after rebate.
15 WOW...Are they high speed?...i have a event coming up at the end of the month...right now i have a lexar 2gb 80x(downloads slow) and a sandisk 1 gb card(even slower)...its not enuff memory...i was thinking maybe a 8gb and a 4gb...im goin to try some other sites right now

If you purchase it today, like before Oct. 12th - you will still qualify for the rebate.

http://www.17photo.com/subcategory.asp

To get the maximum, you would need to purchase three of the 8GIG - and you will get back 160 dollars, which (for that retailer) would bring your total cost to somewhere around 25 bucks. I forget which retailer makes it come out to 11 bucks, but 25 bucks for 24GIGS of storage isn't bad at all.

And if you're shooting raw, no reason to not have at least an 8GIG in your camera.

And they are 30MB/S. Realistically speed is not a problem unless you're shooting several frames of action that is continuous. If it's a mellow event like a photo shoot, or an exhibit, these cards are fine. I still have 3 hours or so to decide if I want to get the 16G for 30 bucks after rebate (which is ridiculous).

You'll have people only swear by certain brands, but they are overhyped.

I believe this to be true in most cases. I've purchased this card from Frys Electronics for $40. Been using it for months. It works excellent. I transfer photos to my computer weekly and never had a problem. It transfers really fast too.

CFR8G233X-LIG.jpg

If you purchase it today, like before Oct. 12th - you will still qualify for the rebate.

http://www.17photo.com/subcategory.asp

To get the maximum, you would need to purchase three of the 8GIG - and you will get back 160 dollars, which (for that retailer) would bring your total cost to somewhere around 25 bucks. I forget which retailer makes it come out to 11 bucks, but 25 bucks for 24GIGS of storage isn't bad at all.

And if you're shooting raw, no reason to not have at least an 8GIG in your camera.

And they are 30MB/S. Realistically speed is not a problem unless you're shooting several frames of action that is continuous. If it's a mellow event like a photo shoot, or an exhibit, these cards are fine. I still have 3 hours or so to decide if I want to get the 16G for 30 bucks after rebate (which is ridiculous).
that link dosent work

ah! less than a hour before midnight...i dont see where the rebate is...what brand was it?

nooooooo...when i click the rebate info i get a blank page

Nice card from the specs. write speed says 21mbps. However in my opinion I have to stick to the sandisk ultra III that write at 30mbps and yeah there like 25 bucks or more then this but i trust them. Check out newegg.com they have good deals on sandisk stuff and other brands for great deals.

Most reactions

Back