Trash the Lens?

myrrh

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I think I already know the answer to this question, but just in case...

I have a 20 year-old Vivitar 24mm f2.8 with the aperture stuck wide open. Is it worth fixing or not?

I don't know about fixing it or not, but if it still takes nice crisp photos, keep it around and just shoot with the aperture wide open

myrrh said:
I think I already know the answer to this question, but just in case...

I have a 20 year-old Vivitar 24mm f2.8 with the aperture stuck wide open. Is it worth fixing or not?

trog is right. Keep it and shoot at wide open aperture. The 24mm has a pretty wide depth of field so you know you'll have things in focus. ;)

What mount is it for?

Yeah I'd agree with trogdor, jsut shoot with it anyways. And if you don't want to do that, you could always send it to me, my camera is K mount :)

I dropped a Minolta lens onto concrete from four feet. It warped the mount (fixed with gentle filling) and messed with the aperture. It was incredibly stiff and just not right. So I got out the screw drivers and attacked it. :mrgreen:
The workings are pretty simple (you can't, or rather I didn't try, to get to the actual workings inside the lens) so if you like to take things apart you have the perfect excuse. Just be careful not to lose any of the bits and remember where each part goes.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back