Travel photography kit

olya

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
It’s a holiday season and I thought that it will be interesting to know what photography equipment people here usually take on holidays. I mean everything from a camera bag to lenses. What cameras (if you have more than one of course), lenses you prefer to take with you. Some other equipment? To put it easy, what is essential on holidays for a photographer?

It’s a holiday season and I thought that it will be interesting to know what photography equipment people here usually take on holidays. I mean everything from a camera bag to lenses. What cameras (if you have more than one of course), lenses you prefer to take with you. Some other equipment? To put it easy, what is essential on holidays for a photographer?

It depends where I go. If I drive to my holiday destination I will take two camera systems MF (Bronica SQA, 2 backs, 50mm and 80mm lenses) and 35mm (Spotmatic F, 17mm, 28mm, 50mm and 135 or 200mm lens) a tripod, various filters, spare batteries cable releases and films all in a Lowepro backpack. If I have to take the plane I leave the Bronica behind (too bulky/heavy). To travel on the plane the camera, lenses and films stay with me as hand luggage. A spare cheap M42 body goes in the suitcase with the tripod. I am planning a trip to the canadian rockies and I had decided to travel light with a Canon EOS 50E and 24-85mm lens, which I bought for not much on eBay. Unfortunately, this camera does not get used much as I am not too keen on AF and I don't feel the zoom offers the same quality as my old SMC Takumars so I'll have to put up with the weight of the old Spotmatic.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back