Triangulum Galaxy

crimbfighter

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
The Triangulum Galaxy (M33) is a large spiral galaxy containing some 40 billion stars that sits almost face on to us. Situated 2.7 million light years from Earth, this galaxy is 60,000 light years across. This time of year, it rises in the east just after sunset.

Imaged last night from the back yard, this is a total integrated exposure time of 60 min, meaning it was equivalent to a 60 min long exposure, but was comprised of individual 200 second exposures.

Celestron 8" EdgeHD
Nikon D800
0.7x reducer
20 light frames at 200 second each, ISO 2200
5 dark frames
10 each flats and bias frames
60 min total integrated exposure
Stacked in DSS, processed in Photoshop and Lightroom

2020-09-19_01-07-42.jpg

Just awesome!

We are so infinitesimal in comparison.

My god. Just unreal. Thinking that galaxy is only a little blip in our night sky, and it contains some forty billion stars is totally mind blowing

Amazing image ...... and figures.

Nice shot! I totally failed trying to get something out of the North American Nebula on Thursday night. I think I may well be in the totally wrong place for astrophotography

My god. Just unreal. Thinking that galaxy is only a little blip in our night sky, and it contains some forty billion stars is totally mind blowing
If you really want your mind blown, do a search for Hubble Ultra Deep Field and read about what that image really contains. You'll thank me later!

Amazing image ...... and figures.
Thanks!
Nice shot! I totally failed trying to get something out of the North American Nebula on Thursday night. I think I may well be in the totally wrong place for astrophotography
Thank you! Where are you located? My area is a Bortle class 5 for light polution. I forgot to mention that I was also using an Optolong L-Pro light polution filter. Helps a lot.

f you really want your mind blown, do a search for Hubble Ultra Deep Field and read about what that image really contains. You'll thank me later!

I did. Wow, just astonishing. It makes my day seem so insignificant and meaningless. Maybe I should just quit and go home

f you really want your mind blown, do a search for Hubble Ultra Deep Field and read about what that image really contains. You'll thank me later!

I did. Wow, just astonishing. It makes my day seem so insignificant and meaningless. Maybe I should just quit and go home
It definitely puts the universe in perspective.

Fabulous! If you’re not a member already, check out the NightScaper group on Facebook. They will really appreciate your space photos.

Thank you! Where are you located? My area is a Bortle class 5 for light polution. I forgot to mention that I was also using an Optolong L-Pro light polution filter. Helps a lot.

I'm in Scotland, but just outside Glasgow so in Bortle class 7 or 8 skies in my back yard. I recently spent some time in a place Bortle class 1 skies and there's a few dark sky places near(ish) but I just have regular camera stuff and my biggest problem is cloud. Think we've had 3 clear nights in the last 6 months!

Fabulous! If you’re not a member already, check out the NightScaper group on Facebook. They will really appreciate your space photos.
Thanks! I'm not a member, ill have to check it out!

I'm in Scotland, but just outside Glasgow so in Bortle class 7 or 8 skies in my back yard. I recently spent some time in a place Bortle class 1 skies and there's a few dark sky places near(ish) but I just have regular camera stuff and my biggest problem is cloud. Think we've had 3 clear nights in the last 6 months!
Ahh, yeah, I've heard a number of people who live in Scotland and Ireland talk about the never ending cloud cover.. I feel for you!

Most reactions

Back