Tried my hand at a local baseball game...C&C

c_pass

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So as you seen from the title, I went to a local baseball game and tried my hand at some shots from the stands... I was'nt able to get any good field action shots... I'm going to try my hand at that the next time I go...

Image 1 - Here I am trying to capture as much of the field and stadium as possible. What I would do different is try to get more behind home plate.

9934f63e.jpg

Image 2
- I wish I did not cut off the shadow on the left hand side

45f3ad56.jpg

Image 3 - I cut the arm of the guy throwing

1c5dfba7.jpg

Image 4 - Cropped in from a bigger shot...

915d685c.jpg

Image 5 - I would have shot at a faster shutter speed to try to get the ball a little more visible

d5fecc71.jpg

Image 6 -

fa5c1931.jpg

Last edited:
Not bad; I think you've already nailed all of the key points. My only other comment is that for shots like #4, wait 'til he has his glove up and ready to catch the ball.

A fast aperture is your friend.

Image_573.jpg

It is always easier to freeze the ball from behind the catcher so basically I was cheating a bit.

I like the series of photos that you have posted, you are one the right track. For the most part baseball can be a very boring game to shoot. I like shooting pitchers though the screen behind the catcher, either just before the ball is released or shortly after, because of the ball speed, it will take timing and frames to get what you want.

pitcher-2.jpg

pitcher-1.jpg

Not bad; I think you've already nailed all of the key points. My only other comment is that for shots like #4, wait 'til he has his glove up and ready to catch the ball.

Thanks tirediron...

For #4...I got about 6 shots of that entire sequence... I have the shot before this one where the ball is midflight, the shot in #4, then it goes to him actually catching it... Next time i can just start shooting when the ball is almost there...

I like the series of photos that you have posted, you are one the right track. For the most part baseball can be a very boring game to shoot. I like shooting pitchers though the screen behind the catcher, either just before the ball is released or shortly after, because of the ball speed, it will take timing and frames to get what you want.

Thanks imagemaker46.... The shots you posted are SMOOTH!!! I love you can see the expression in the pitchers face...that's something I want to try to capture the next time I head out...not sure If I can get it with my equipment though without actually getting on the field...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back