Tried out AV mode for the second time...CC please!

bostoncowgirl

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi all!

I started driving into the world of AV mode today, and (I think) things went pretty well. The photos were taken outside on a sunny (and very hot) day so it was hard to get the lighting right. If you could, please let me know what you think!
thanks!
$3resized.jpg

$resized.jpg

$resized2.jpg

Last edited:
Hmm these pics are pretty small, but the look fairly good to me from what I can see in the small image.

By gosh, I think you have a LOT of potential for as little experience as you've said you have (I saw your first-time thread a couple days ago). The first photo looks a bit washed out and flat; it needs better, more-contrasty post processing,and her line of gaze leads th eeye right out of the frame. The lovely Queen Anne's Lace flowers are always a nice, evocative motif for portaits of young women outdoors (sometimes called Wild Carrot, due to the smell when the plant is cut). Due to a number of factors, this shot doesn't quite make the grade for me.

The second shot is pretty "active" with her leg placement on a strong diagonal, and her arms placed pretty well, and the strong diagonal line of her eyes creating a lot of visual "tension" between her and the viewer. You have used the entire frame in the "as in a painting" style of composition, which is an OLD STYLE OF COMPOSING, in which the subject touches,or almost touches three or four sides of the canvas...errr...I mean the subject touches or almost touches three or four edges of the camera's imaging capture area. THis is a pretty good picture, especially for a beginner!

Your third shot shows how to PROPERLY FRAME A HORIZONTAL environmental portrait; the subject is w_i_d_e_r than she is tall in that seated pose, and so the camera is oriented so that the subject occupies the majority of the frame, while also showing some of the environment/setting. Again, pretty impressive for a new shooter!

Wow Av mode im missing out :)
I think the first picture done with some PP color effects and it'll be all over Tumblr lol
Good job with the photos very impre

Most reactions

Back