TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Waterfall-1-12.jpg

Waterfall-1-2.jpg

Waterfall-1.jpg

Waterfall-1-11.jpg

lol, And a last pic of myself and my GF , Gotta Figure out a way to hide the remote shutter :lmao: :hug::
Waterfall-1-4.jpg

Wow, those are stunning!

The sky's blown out in #3 though - you probably could have gotten away with closing the aperture another stop and you'd still have gotten a good exposure on the rocks and water.

I've tried several times to do something similar to what you've done in #4 - the whole "peeking through the out-of-focus foreground" thing. I can never seem to pull it off, and I don't like it much here either, to be honest. It just kind of distracts from the subject a bit too much.

Overall though, I'm jealous. This is the kind of shot I'd love to be able to get some day, but I never seem to be in the right place, at the right time, with the right equipment!

Lovely scenes; the main comment I have with respect to the images is that they would have been much better executed as HDRs; the dynamic range of the scene is such that it's beyond the camera's ability to capture it all leaving you with both deep shadows and blown highlights.

As far as hiding the remote? Easy; just use it to activate your camera's self-timer, take the 10 seconds to put it in your pocket and compose your hands.

Lovely scenes; the main comment I have with respect to the images is that they would have been much better executed as HDRs; the dynamic range of the scene is such that it's beyond the camera's ability to capture it all leaving you with both deep shadows and blown highlights.

That's where the d3000 falls short though :confused: . I don't know exactly how much it would cost nikon to have added exposure bracketing to it's menu, one would think it would be just a simple programming entry... :er: of course i guess i could always do it manually... but to not get even the slightest bit of movement while adjusting may cause some headaches.. or a REALLY TIGHT TRIPOD :lol:

Photos look glorious! Just number 3 with the sky being blown out is something to consider for the future. I use a gradual ND filter for things like that, sometimes they do the job.

4. Looks out of focus and overexposed/oversaturated.

!! 1,2,3 are all magnificent!

#4 seems blurry and slightly OOF.

Makes me wish I was there to see it!

Where is this located?

!! 1,2,3 are all magnificent!

#4 seems blurry and slightly OOF.

Makes me wish I was there to see it!

Where is this located?

Burgess Falls, about an hr west of nashville, depending of the weight of your right foot.. there's a string of state parks including burgess falls, rock island, and fall creek falls, this is the first one I've gone to so far.. going to go to the others soon, and see what they have to offer.. pretty intense / rugged trails though

these are GREAT, #2 is incredible

Thanks Dan, I'm just picky sometimes about silly things.. the branch on the right bothers me... i know it adds something, but it also takes away from the bigger part of the falls. kinda breaks it up from a landscape, and turns it into something else.. a local guy here said it brings depth to the picture.. ... lol.. i said.. it just brings a branch into the picture for me.. :lmao:

I think i'm going to go back and attempt my 1st try at hdr next weekend.. i may just have to really tighten it down to do the adjustments, to hopefully eliminate any movements of the camera.. just a firmware upgrade.. really.. it's free nikon.. .. JUST SAYIN! :violin:

these are GREAT, #2 is incredible

Thanks Dan, I'm just picky sometimes about silly things.. the branch on the right bothers me... i know it adds something, but it also takes away from the bigger part of the falls. kinda breaks it up from a landscape, and turns it into something else.. a local guy here said it brings depth to the picture.. ... lol.. i said.. it just brings a branch into the picture for me.. :lmao:

too bad you couldn't just crop the branch out a touch :mrgreen:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back