Trip Out West

barticus76

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I just got back from a trip out to Montana and Wyoming and I took a ton of photos. Here are a few shots from the Thermal Pools & Hot Springs at Yellowstone National Park! I'd love to hear any comments, suggestions or general feedback!

Thanks!

Nikon D80
Sigma EX 10-20mm 1:4-5.6
Crystal Opitcs 77mm C PL Filter

2612316222_c861568618.jpg

2612315582_e7b370b271.jpg

2612315348_9cdab33dc1.jpg

2611481221_42e28f77af.jpg

Are thermal pools orange because they are so hot and is it volcanic?-sorry silly question but I was just wondering

I really like the perspective on number 1 the colours are vibrant and fresh. the picture actully looks like it is hot, with the steam.

the other 3, well what can I say

ummm I likey!

I really, really, really want to go back to Yellowstone Park to take photos. I was there when I was little, before I was into photography.

These are nice shots - the colors are great. I just wish they were larger!

Are thermal pools orange because they are so hot and is it volcanic?

Thermal pools are orange and yellow because of iron and sulfur in the rocks and/or water.

Are thermal pools orange because they are so hot and is it volcanic?-sorry silly question but I was just wondering

I really like the perspective on number 1 the colours are vibrant and fresh. the picture actully looks like it is hot, with the steam.

the other 3, well what can I say

ummm I likey!

I am pretty sure the colors are basically mineral deposits. It's not lava or anything. It's actually solid ground although you cannot step on it. The water is very hot...hence the steam. It's boiled from magma underneath the earths crust! These natural colors are simply the most amazing things I have ever seen!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back