Trip to Lake Eerie

Beast95

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
All of these are from my Canon 20D. Most are straight from my camera. I did do some minor edits, but everything was done on my iPad, as I lack a decent computer right now.
Mostly, no edits were done. The one I did edit the most was the deer; just a b&w with a layer mask.

Please C&C, I'm curious how these are; I like them a lot.

Thanks!!

(sorry for the poor quality, I don't really have the ability to upload these to Imageshack yet...)

Attachments

• $image-2458963484.jpg
    $image-2458963484.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 94
  • $image-1938089560.jpg
    $image-1938089560.jpg
    115.5 KB · Views: 80
  • $image-2899746628.jpg
    $image-2899746628.jpg
    140.3 KB · Views: 96
  • $image-3511623749.jpg
    $image-3511623749.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 87
  • $image-2508091963.jpg
    $image-2508091963.jpg
    140.4 KB · Views: 106
  • $image-52832587.jpg
    $image-52832587.jpg
    135.9 KB · Views: 90
  • $image-4228671574.jpg
    $image-4228671574.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 87
Just a point for you to think about - if you number your images when you post them, particularly if you have more than 2 or 3, it will make it a lot easier for someone to refer to them when they review them. That way, a reviewer doesn't have to keep flipping back and forth to make sure they have the right image.

WesternGuy

I would, and I usually do, but I am on my iPad and it is not possible for me to do. As I said, I don't have a computer. I'm just trying my best from the app on my iPad.

I would, and I usually do, but I am on my iPad and it is not possible for me to do. As I said, I don't have a computer. I'm just trying my best from the app on my iPad.

No problem, thanks for clarifying that.

WesternGuy

Exactly what is picture 1 of ? Poor composition and under exposed.
Pic #2 is a nice winter composition, but is suffers from extreme tilt.
Pic #3 is a nice portrait if you didn't cut off his head and should have been in the vertical format.Why ?
Pic #4 you had the right idea, but you cut off the top of the tree. Why ?
Pic #5 you cut off the rear quarter of the doe. Why ?
Pic #6 is actually your best composition, but from the looks of the scene, would have been much better in the landscape view, and it's under exposed.

Why do you like these pictures?
What makes them jump out at you?
Do you see what's wrong with them?

If you can do basic editing on your IPad, then do so. Tilt and exposure corrections are basic corrections that come with every free editing program. Please edit, then repost.

Joel_W said:
If you can do basic editing on your IPad, then do so. Tilt and exposure corrections are basic corrections that come with every free editing program. Please edit, then repost.

ehh yeah looks like I have some work to do on them haha.

the thing I like about them is that it feels to me at least like they capture the beauty of the lake and nearby woods I was at.

#1, in case you were wondering, is supposed to be a silhouette of the beacon. It's actually one of my favorites I've ever taken, but I'm a sucker for sunsets :p

Part of the under exposure is probably that I did brightness/contrast adjustments on my iPad too.... It's, of course, not calibrated or anything so I guess that's to be expected.

But I will make those adjustments, thanks for the comment :)

Most reactions

Back