Triple exposure, home developed, medium format

cigrainger

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Had my roommate pose for me yesterday. I shot this with my Speed Graphic (baby speed actually), which takes 6x7 cm negs. Ilford Delta 100 in Ilfosol for 6 mins, very lightly agitated every minute. I cropped this and cleaned up some dust marks, but that's it. Let me know what you think

1462938914_f1201c62d2_b.jpg

It is really interesting, and I am fascinated to see that you created this with film, but actually I have to admit :)oops: ) that the detail you are giving us about the making of this photo doesn't tell me anything, and that those who post in the Film Photography Forums might understand a lot better what you really did.

I mean, I wish I did understand some more, and would LOVE to know more about darkroom work, but true fact is that I don't ... and I am not sure how many who frequent the General Gallery really do? So maybe your processing techniques don't get the amount of comments you wish for in this forum!?

Nice work. I've never played with double exposures on my Bronica, but I should.

Yes, very nice work. Gives the look of a 70's photo; very cool in my opinion.

i like it alot,

now shoot me for the stupid question ( but you cant learn without asking )
this can ONLY be done with film, right?

dont you roll the frame back and re shoot the already exposed frame? im in no way a film expert but that seems logical to me?

Technically a multiple exposure can only be done with film, yes. You are physically re-exposing the same frame. Many cameras have a way to roll the frame back; my speed graphic allows you to re-shoot without advancing the frame because the shutter mechanism is in the lens.

You can actually do similar things with digital and photoshop. You can use layers and opacity in photoshop to stack your digital shots. The way I do it with that is stack the 2nd shot at full opacity but then use the layer mask to brush out the section from the second layer that is over the person or object I want to show through in the first layer.

Thanks for the comments guys! I'm glad to see a little bit of film is getting some attention on here. :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back