Tripod Advice

cnick975

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I know this is probably on this forum in many places and may be obsolete but I still need to ask this question.. lol
Okay so I am in the market for a tripod and I am looking to spend no more then $100. I know everyone says save up money and get an expensive tripod because it is worth it but right now I do not have the time to save money and need the tripod ASAP. As of now I am tied up between four different tripods that are in my price range. Hopefully you guys can shed some light on my choices or possibly point me in another direction. I shoot with a t4i 18-135mm lens and don't plan on getting any lenses that exceed 200mm. More for Macro, Portraits and Landscape occasionally. I prefer a ballhead and prefer a tripod that is around 60-65 inches maximum. Thanks guys!
  1. Oben AC-130 3 - section aluminum tripod with BA-O ballhead
  2. Slik sprint pro II GM tripod with ballhead
  3. Davis & Sanford Attaras 3- section aluminum tripod with B11 ballhead
  4. Benro A-150EXU digital tripod with ballhead and quick release plate.

Check out your local Craig's List for a good deal on a used Manfrotto or Giottos set-up; you can save a lot of money buying used and get a much better quality unit than buying a cheaper, new-one.

Check out your local Craig's List for a good deal on a used Manfrotto or Giottos set-up; you can save a lot of money buying used and get a much better quality unit than buying a cheaper, new-one.

I have tried and not really too much available in my area. Any other good brands I should be aware of?

BUMP.... Any tripods that can be had for $120.00 max, please give me recommendations.

Do you maybe have a 'used' camera shop anywhere near you? Might be worth checking out...but I agree with John, the local classifides is probably the best way to find a good deal on a tripod. I've bought several at various garage sales.

But if you just 'need one now' and can't increase your budget, then find a camera store and check out what they have. Seeing and feeling them in-person will help you a lot more than we could.
Another brand to look at is Velbon.

Most reactions

Back