Tripod FRUSTRATION !

puyjapin

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
OK, this may be a silly question and perhaps im missing something...i have a giottos 9251 tripod, which i have attached a pic of. Im pleased with it, very strong and quite light for the price. There is one frustration. As you will see from the pic i have set the legs to the middle setting ie they can go a stage lower, BUT if they do I have to raise the central pole to compensate thus raising the camera. This was quite annoying this morn when out taking pics of snow drops as they are so low to the ground, i ended up hand holding to get the shot i wanted. What I want to know is does anyone know if its possible to get a 2nd central pole which is much shorter to take the head so the legs can be put in the lowest position?
thanks
DSC_0419.jpg

Not sure about this model, but some tripods let you put the center pole in upside down and hang the camera below it.
Also some poles ...like mine for example...are in sections which can be removed to shorten the length.

Sorry...not much help

thanks dave!! it works upside down, didnt think of that one, just tried....might have to go out and re take those shots....if i can bear the cold!

For some tripods (like my Manfrotto 3021N) you can buy a short central column.

check the manual or website for the makers - Giottos are rather new to the serious tripod makers line (I have seen very few reviews for their tripods as yet).
there are several things which might be possible:

1) mounting the tripod head direct to the base of the tripod legs - without the centre column

2) horizontal mounting of the centre column - that would allow you to go lower with the legs

3) upsidedown world - which you have already found

thanks , ive e mailed giottos, i think mounting the column at right angles would be best and im sure they must supply a new pole with some form of clamp for such applications

My Manfrotto has a little triangle piece with a tripod mount on it, that actually snaps into the bottom of the center column. I take the column out, put the "low angle adapter" on and shoot away.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back