Tripod needed for Sigme 150-500

blappin

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I just bought a Sigma 150-500 for my Nikon D80 and I need a good tripod to support it. Total weight is around 6 lbs. Any advice is welcome.

Thanks

Ben

Hard to go wrong with a Manfrotto/Bogen.

What is your budget and do you have any specific requirements?

Picking the right tripod is like deciding what to have for supper. I can tell you what I'd like to have...but that might not be what you would like.

I would like to stay under $300 but I understand that some of the better tripod and heads cost more than others. I just want a good tripod that will support the lens and body and not tip over during a shoot. I do have any specific requirements. There are only 2 camera stores near me and they are both Wolfe Camera and they don't sell any thing good.

Ben

I have a set of Manfrotto/Bogen legs with a 488RC2 head (dont know if you want a ball head or not??) But its a really sturdy set up that im very happy with. You should look at b/h, I think they have free shipping. $300 should get you something very decent..

it does not matter if it is new or used as long as it does the job.

You could consider the Induro tripods. I am really happy with mine. I have a manfrotto ball head on it.

Got the tripod and head for just under $300 cdn. all in at Vistek last fall.

I have a set of Manfrotto/Bogen legs with a 488RC2 head (dont know if you want a ball head or not??) But its a really sturdy set up that im very happy with. You should look at b/h, I think they have free shipping. $300 should get you something very decent..
Me too I also have the Manfrotto monopod which I use more if I plan on moving around to diffrent areas during the shoot. I also have the Slik U2000 for lighter weight and, when I go into areas where I might damage the good stuff.

You could consider the Induro tripods. I am really happy with mine. I have a manfrotto ball head on it.

Got the tripod and head for just under $300 cdn. all in at Vistek last fall.

:thumbup: I've got the Induro 214 with a 486CR2 head ($250), and it's plenty stout enough for my 500 f/4.

500.jpg

And here it is in macro action.....very versatile.

mb3.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back