True Love revisited

cameramike

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.mikedifilippo.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Okay; so a few weeks back I tried out a shot; it got close to no response except from chiller. you can see the original picture here http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=132955&highlight=true+love < I decided to keep the poem in a draw and come back to the shot when I could figure out some more on it. I have a lens baby coming soon so I may revisit once more. But here is the shot with added rose and some blood.

Not sure if it belongs in the dark side but chiller mentioned it so I figured he of all people would know. C&C welcomed.

IMG_4620copy.jpg

I really like that. Well done IMO.

If you don't mind me asking, what did you use for the blood?

Thanks guys ! :). The blood is corn syrup and food coloring. Aqua I seem to have a huge problem getting dark enough blood. I did another shoot months back and everyones comment was on the blood. Since it was about 11pm last night when i decided to do this I just grabbed what I had. That version of the poem is now ruined but I may reprint it and re-age it to try the shoot again.

I notice 51 views... it doesn't evoke any emotion or any ... anything to those people?

I actually wonder how real blood would photograph; since real blood is very transparent would it actually look more fake?

i think this looks great!!!!!!!

(i was one of those people, months ago, saying your blood was too light)

ive never played with blood like this, but what if you burn it? will that make it darker and more real looking?

Wow..nicely done Mike. :thumbup::thumbup: This one is way better. Like Spiffyone said, you can use the burn tool, and try to burn the midtones or shadows to make the blood a little richer. I usually start to burn at about 12% and work my way up. Working with the home made blood, I have found that I have to add a drop of blue dye, or green dye, sometimes maybe a little bit of milk.

Just amazing work, I love this shot. Keep it up! I'm hoping whenever I get better with the ol' camera I can start doing stuff like this.

really nice work....how about shooting it with the paper alight, I think it would add a sense of dynamism to the shot....passion too...unless the message is of 'love gone cold'.

what exactly do you mean by paper alight? do you mean while on fire? If so that was my first attempt and i had way to much trouble getting it to expose correctly and not burn up too fast. I would love to get it with the paper burning and the rose "bleeding" onto it".

Thanks for all the kind words :)! Makes me wanna do more

Actually, blood photographs very well. I've captured real blood before, in a few sites where the areas are dangerous to be in. One photo I took came out great, where someone had cut themselves on a broken window, running from police. I had gotten there shortly after, not knowing until later what happened. I was shooting the interior of the then; Casket Factory, and noticed the fresh blood. I left a few mins. after that.

I've never shot blood.....but I wonder if you mixed a few drops of molasses in with the corn syrup and red colouring?? It might give it a "thicker"/coagulated look?? Dunno?? ;O)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back