Truer than women

Yes they do. Very nice.

Definitely a black and white shot, for sure. Such great textures!

I personally would shave a bit off the bottom to get rid of that brush in front of the horizontal logs. I'd crop right up to where the dark meets the light on the bottom log. Then you emphasize the horizontal as a base, there are some diagonals as your eye moves up, and then it merges into the all vertical. The diagonals break the pattern of the strong horizontal/vertical pattern just enough to create those leading lines up, but the brush creates a bit too much tension and disruption, imho.

Definitely a black and white shot, for sure. Such great textures!

I personally would shave a bit off the bottom to get rid of that brush in front of the horizontal logs. I'd crop right up to where the dark meets the light on the bottom log. Then you emphasize the horizontal as a base, there are some diagonals as your eye moves up, and then it merges into the all vertical. The diagonals break the pattern of the strong horizontal/vertical pattern just enough to create those leading lines up, but the brush creates a bit too much tension and disruption, imho.

Thanks for the feedback. Good points.

Nice shot, I like the toning and the framing. You've managed to keep the focal point pretty central which is hard on these shots so it's well balanced image. I really like the snow!

Very nicely done. Agree with Lenny's copping advice on the bottom. This image feels like one that would work very well printed to a non-standard ratio, that is very long and thin. Something in the 16x9 / 2x1 aspect.

A'splain' me the title, Lucy?

Black and white for sure.

To me this is the kind of shot that grabs your attention. Then keeps the eye wandering through the nooks and crannies for other details. I believe there is a tree stand or other remnant amongst the upper limbs.

Thanks for posting

Beautiful shot! I love the way you have used the light to create layers.

Nicely seen as a B&W.

Thanks. B&W vision is hard for me. The xt2 film simulations make it easier but it still is against my grain.

Nice shot, I like the toning and the framing. You've managed to keep the focal point pretty central which is hard on these shots so it's well balanced image. I really like the snow!

Thanks!

Very nicely done. Agree with Lenny's copping advice on the bottom. This image feels like one that would work very well printed to a non-standard ratio, that is very long and thin. Something in the 16x9 / 2x1 aspect.

A'splain' me the title, Lucy?

It’s the beginning of a line from a Sylvia Plath poem about winter trees.

I too like this in B&W; I love the snow flurrying against the black tree trunk! I noticed the same thing along the bottom of the image, seems visually a little cluttery. I like the tree to the left because it frames the shot and has nice texture; it helps take the viewer into the woods to the dark black trees with the snowy contrast and texture.

I also noticed the leaning tree along the right side. I've found that a long vertical line, especially if it's not straight, tends to often work better with some space along the side of the frame or kept out of the frame. I think moving a step or two closer (depending on the length of the lens) this could've been framed differently to keep the lower grasses/branches and the tree to the right out of the frame. Something roughly like this.

49430803107_c39053d332_k copy crop.jpg

And I didn't get the name either, but thought it was me! because there seem to be plenty of things that have me thinking, I don't get it...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back