trying a new picture c&c

gagey

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
i am trying a non sentimental picture this time :D and this has no editing i am not even going to attemp this time to edit it first until i can learn more about editing ...please give cc on picture what i could improve on then will attempt to edit after i read some on my programs

Last edited:
Do you think this is a good picture?

Why?

I think this shot would have been much more interesting if you would have left the background in the DOF.

This shot would have made an excellent "story telling" composition in which there would have been an introduction (the grass on the beach) a middle (the water) and a conclusion (the light house). By starting in the foreground and working your way back to the background, there is an entire novel there.

Its like going to a movie theatre to watch a movie, and they only show you the trailer. I want more.

Oh, and you also have a little light bubble at the bottom center of the shot... could benefit from a lens hood. A polarizing filter wouldn't hurt either.

I think this shot would have been much more interesting if you would have left the background in the DOF.

This shot would have made an excellent "story telling" composition in which there would have been an introduction (the grass on the beach) a middle (the water) and a conclusion (the light house). By starting in the foreground and working your way back to the background, there is an entire novel there.

Its like going to a movie theatre to watch a movie, and they only show you the trailer. I want more.

Oh, and you also have a little light bubble at the bottom center of the shot... could benefit from a lens hood. A polarizing filter wouldn't hurt either.

I wouldn't read the book or watch the film :lol:

I think this shot would have been much more interesting if you would have [the background in focus]

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. It's not a bad picture though, I wouldn't delete it or anything.

Yah the shallow DoF doesnt give the shot an interesting look.
I wouldnt delete it neither though. I cherish everything I take.
I like to look back on old pics.

I agree-- it bugs me that the background isn't in focus. I want to see that lighthouse, or whatever it is.

the reason i did the background not in focus i was playing around with the apeture and was only trying to get just one focal point so that would be why not many things are in focus...and i dont know if i have an of this shot with it inb focus i will look back through that folder and see

so do i like it? well i do like it ..i like to take pictures of different things when i am somewere...we were at a beach it has a lighthouse i was taking pictures of different things at the beach ...just trying to get a variety of pictures

i dont delete any of my pictures requardless if one says its blah or borning or not good.... i may have a different opinion...i like what i do i have fun....

thanks for the opinions and i am greatful to get them but it doesnt mean i am going to agree with everyone or delete something just because one says to

I like it generally. I'm pleased it hasn't been ''edited''. If you were to revisit/retake under similar conditions I would try a little more stopped down to give the distant lighthouse (?) more recognisable form than it has here. The shallow DOF looks nice to me, I think you need to split the difference. This is f5.6? You can go smaller using selective focus and still get an interesting seperation.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back