Trying My Hand at HDR

mrdean2

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Good morning everybody. I am new to the forum and relatively new to DSLR photography also. After receiving a D40 as a gift and experimenting for a couple of weeks I have decided that HDR is one of my favorite genres of photography. The link below will direct you to my image. Please let me know what you think.

Exploring HDR Possibilities

Thanks,
Micah

Welcome to the forum. For future reference you'll get better response embedding the image directly in your post. With respect to your HDR, while I find it a bit over-done, I think given the subject matter, it works. The one area that I think could be improved is in the composition. I would prefer to see this shot square and level to the door, rather than at at an angle.

I'm not sure that I would call HDR a "genre." I view is as more of a tool to capture a certain type of image. Some people use it to correct lighting problems, but others use it to give the image a distinctive feel. As per your image, you have some beautiful colors, but I think that given the subject matter, you're missing out on some deep blacks. Also, the angle looks wrong to me. I either want to see a more oblique angle for effect, or dead level lines.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back