TRYING OUT A NEW "LOOK" CC

AMOMENT

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I did a little pp but not too, too much. I tried to get creative with these photos and since I had my hands free of kids I was able to literally get on the floor! YEAY! So, here are a few shots I took with a little creative flare. What do you think?

za8.jpg

za15.jpg

za9.jpg

za14.jpg

za13.jpg

a few more....

zdrew1.jpg

za11.jpg

zjax1_edited-1.jpg

zre12.jpg

THANKS!! Hope everyone had a great weekend!! I'm in N.Y. and we totally got hit with the storm. SUCKED!

Your white balance is way too cool in most of them.

In an unrelated note... why do you insist on typing up your thread titles in all caps? :lol:

I agree and will try and warm them up. I'm not really sure why I do that. lol. No reason, just always have cap locked my titles. i can stop.

I did a little pp but not too, too much. I tried to get creative with these photos and since I had my hands free of kids I was able to literally get on the floor! YEAY! So, here are a few shots I took with a little creative flare. What do you think?

za8.jpg

za15.jpg

za9.jpg

za14.jpg

za13.jpg

I'm sure your daughters eyes are naturally dark anyways but probably not that dark. They are black in the photo - you should try lightening them up. If you duplicate the original background layer, then on the duplicate change the blending mode to screen. You probably want to do an inverted mask (black) then paint the eyes back in with a soft large white brush. You'll want to lower the opacity until it looks right. That is just a quick easy way to do it, there are other better ways.

Thanks, Megan!! I actually only sharpened her eyes a little. Her eyes are almost black! They are as close to black as you can get. She has my husband's eyes and the opposite of my other daughter's. It's possible that sharpening them gave them a darker look. I'm going to go give your idea a try.

Here are 2 edited. I am going to change by settings so that everyone else can edit if they want to try. The third one, for reference Meg, is an unedited version so you can see how dark her eyes are. =)

zredone1.jpg

zedited2.jpg

anna5.jpg

You've got to give up the on-camera flash. I know it's hard when you're chasing kids, but if you really want better photos it has to go. It's there on consumer grade cameras because a bad photo is better than no photo.

Caveat: It can be appropriately used to provide support fill. As a main exposure source it's just ugly light.

About ten years ago I picked up an old P&S film camera for about $20.00. I took it to my classroom at the college where I taught and I nailed it to the wall. I drove a big 10 inch spike right through the flash (p*ssed off the maintenance crew). Then I put a sign on the wall under it that read:

Custom camera flash adjustment by Joe's Camera Service.

My students quickly learned to never show me photos taken with their on-camera flash.

Joe

Go easy on the sharpening. You can see the grain and noise in her lashes and eyes especially in #3 and #5 in the first set. Also go easy on the skin smoothing too. It just doesn't look natural. Its funny... the third unedited one from your last set I think is one of the best. All it needs is just an exposure and wb fix. Just think less is more.

e6x85s.jpg

Also, can I ask what new look you were going for?

About ten years ago I picked up an old P&S film camera for about $20.00. I took it to my classroom at the college where I taught and I nailed it to the wall. I drove a big 10 inch spike right through the flash (p*ssed off the maintenance crew). Then I put a sign on the wall under it that read:

Custom camera flash adjustment by Joe's Camera Service.

:biglaugh:

I would have loved to have seen that! :lol:

SabrinaO said:
Go easy on the sharpening. You can see the grain and noise in her lashes and eyes especially in #3 and #5 in the first set. Also go easy on the skin smoothing too. It just doesn't look natural. Its funny... the third unedited one from your last set I think is one of the best. All it needs is just an exposure and wb fix. Just think less is more.

Also, can I ask what new look you were going for?

Eyes look normal in Sabrinas edit. Yours was a little underexposed so it made her eyes darker then they needed to be.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back