Trying the logo thing again...

I'm not a fan of the font, to be honest. It gives the logo a "home-made-on-microsoft-office" look...

If you want traditional, try using a serif font.

Well not to sound harsh, but as a graphic designer I can tell this isn't made by a designer... instantly.
The style is confusing, the drop shadow doesn't help the shape (also not good for print production) and the typography, especially in the last, doesn't work.

Also be aware that with most stock images, you are not permitted to use it as a company identity. A few stock companies have started to make sections for logo shapes that can be purchased for this purpose, but the majority don't and can bring you a legal battle in future if your unlucky. Just so you know.

Having said all of this though, if you still want to go ahead with it... it isn't terrible, and is fine for someone just starting out, it just isn't professional looking.

I too am sick of these kinds of threads and peoples inability to make the most mundane decisions without help.

You mean like the "what camera I should get", "what lens I should get next", "What SD card should I get", "which tripod is better", "which camera strap should I get"?

4713712614_0d995cfc3e.jpg

any better?

I like this.

I like your old-style banner better. None of these work for me yet, cause they don't make visual sense.

Don't use a stock image. Come up with another kind of hourglass.

I DO like the glow because it looks like a brand, much like a cow is branded. I think you could use that concept to your advantage.

Good luck, whatever you decide.

Swiss, would it be better if you saw them on an image?

Most reactions

Back