Turret

Part of the defensive wall a few metres from the turret, just outside the north-western sluice gate of the old moat:

imm031_3Kopie.jpg

Revue AC-5, Porst 35mm wide angle lens, Müller (chemist chain) own brand film, iso 200, f2.8 (aperture priority).

I'm not sure what you're subject is. In this instant, the background is working against the foreground for my attention. Also the background is tilted, while the foreground isn't. As I sugested in the last photo, use selective cropping to narrow our eyes view. Do you have a editing program that you can use?

I think what I want to show here is how this once very strong and impenetrable place is now in gentle decay and slowly being conquered and reclaimed by the forces of nature.

This is a slight crop using Picasa, which perhaps helps to reinforce this idea, but please feel free to edit this yourself if you like:

imm031_3Kopie-1.jpg

There's a bit of pink tinge, especially on the snow. Maybe my computer needs adjusting.

Here are the others from the latest roll of film that I feel are okay. The aim is to convey the mood of isolation and desolation of this place but also to show the regeneration of nature amongst the decaying ruins:

imm029_5-1Kopie.jpg

imm032_2Kopie.jpg

imm030_4Kopie.jpg

imm024_10Kopie.jpg

Revue AC-5, Porst 35mm wide angle lens (aperture priority), Müller (chemist chain) own brand film.

C&C welcome.

Thanks Netskimmer. At the time of writing I am using a different computer and the colours look about the same, so probably no major adjustments needed. Also, I have compared the on screen images with the prints produced at the lab, and again there are no major differences to be seen.

Joel, perhaps it has to do with the characteristics of the film. I've been trying different ones out recently (I've always tended to use Kodak otherwise), and quite like this own brand line from the Müller chemist chain. But thanks very much for taking so much time and trouble, I really appreciate the input and feedback.

There's a bit of pink tinge, especially on the snow. Maybe my computer needs adjusting.

And there is the difference in editing pictures online. On my computer the snow is white. I guess I just should have stuck to the crop and the tilt. I'll remove the photo and you can do the edit the way you would prefer.

Great location and interesting way of catching sharpness.

What kind of PP did you do on these photos, if any? They're interesting, but not interesting enough "for me".

Most reactions

Back