No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
1:
Bluejay50.jpg

2:
Bluejay-Closeup.jpg

3: No idea what kind of bird this is. I've seen it around but this is the closest I could ever get, and I got this photo (and one of his back) before he flew away again.
somebird17.jpg

c&c always appreciated :)

very good series of captures - your somethingelse is a very colourful bird some member of the crow family possibly?
and what lens did you use? Your longest listed profil lens is 250mm so your either hiding a long lens from us or getting seriously close to those birds!

Very nice.
I think its a starling in the third shot.

Dani

matt-l said:
Yep, it is a Starling in the third shot
nice work!!

danir said:
Very nice.
I think its a starling in the third shot.

Aaah thanks for the kind words, and the ID. I didn't even know where to start with that figuring that one out :lol:

dwol said:
Mate, they're awesome! Beautiful

Thank you very much! :)

Overread said:
very good series of captures - your somethingelse is a very colourful bird some member of the crow family possibly?
and what lens did you use? Your longest listed profil lens is 250mm so your either hiding a long lens from us or getting seriously close to those birds!

Thanks :) And yes, they were done with a 55-250. The close up is cropped a bit, but not much. I've been "training" a couple of squirrels by feeding them every day, to try to get some fun shots. I was as surprised as anyone when a bluejay joined the party and came that close to me. He knew I was there and didn't seem to care :)

I was as surprised as anyone when a bluejay joined the party and came that close to me. He knew I was there and didn't seem to care :)

jays don't care whos there..if theres food, they want it!

i've had them eating out of my hand and almost sliding into my face..shooting with a 18-55mm lens. they are bold creatures.

jays don't care whos there..if theres food, they want it!

i've had them eating out of my hand and almost sliding into my face..shooting with a 18-55mm lens. they are bold creatures.

Wow, I never seen them that close. I know they can be very aggressive. My step father saw a baby jay once on the ground, and walked over to it. Suddenly a bunch of Jays started chasing him.

But I look forward to more shots then, if they continue to be so bold :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back