Two from a recent engagement shoot..

Derrel said:
#1 is excellent....so romantic! Such a wonderful staging of the shot! Dude!

#2...pretty solid...lovely light...they will be thrilled.

You slatted the flare on my shot looks very similar but no faces

Don't care about the plants.

These are lovely pictures, nicely composed.

I wonder if a little more heft to them would give a more romantic feel.

nik0507lll.jpg

nik0480lll.jpg

Derrel said:
#1 is excellent....so romantic! Such a wonderful staging of the shot! Dude!

#2...pretty solid...lovely light...they will be thrilled.

You slatted the flare on my shot looks very similar but no faces

That's because the flare on your shot looked like utter crap, Gary. And this looks decent, and it looks intentional. Yours looked like a drunken fingerprint caused a massive glare, and your B&W shot had low contrast, and muddy, awful B&W tones. Your photo was bad. It looked awful. Both were examples of lens flare type effects. They are not all "the same". Rubbish is rubbish. I call 'em as I see 'em.

Thanks for the edit, Lew.

Yes the lens flare was intentional to create a dreamy/angelic mood. :)

Thanks! I got lucky because the location is super close to my house. There will be more people making out at this location from now on. lol

Beautiful! Did you use a filter and or fill flash? The exposure looks great. How did you not blow out the sky?

Number one is INCREDIBLE! Two is good too, but the first one definitely made me gasp!

Beautiful! Did you use a filter and or fill flash? The exposure looks great. How did you not blow out the sky?

D800.... Almost impossible lol. Of course he could have used flash.... Even if he didn't- he would still be good...

vtec- nice job.

Thanks guys.

I used 1 reflective umbrella and 2 YN560's, on full power about 5ft away, on camera left. Oh, and a 3-stop ND filter. Yeah the D800 kind of spoil you but I'm so use to the standard way of photography: balancing ambient and flash.

Most reactions

Back