Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
www.jamestangphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
nik0480.jpg

nik0507.jpg

#1 is excellent....so romantic! Such a wonderful staging of the shot! Dude!

#2...pretty solid...lovely light...they will be thrilled.

But Derrel, the FLARE!

#1 puzzles me a trifle, it's excellent, but the wheat or oats or whatever seem to be leaning left to right, as if in a breeze, but there is evidently no breeze! I like that the couple is echoing that lean, but I find the whole thing a little.. off-kilter, somehow, because of that left-to-right sense of motion. Maybe there IS a breeze, her her hair is lacquered down enough to hide it? Her skirt looks like it might be blowing out a trifle. Anyways, well done, this business is really minor.

#2 the flare does work, specifically because they are walking in to it, toward it. They're walking to something bright and beautiful. Or at least we can imagine that!

the wheat or oats or whatever seem to be leaning left to right, as if in a breeze, but there is evidently no breeze!

Wheat is top heavy and that can cause leaning.

Those are oats, not wheat. Just FWIW. As a young man, I used to run a side-hill combine, and have seen a lot of wheat, and that ain't wheat. Oats often tend to develop a lean based on prevailing wind patterns where it grows.

I was thinkin' oats, yes. Regardless of WHY the lean is there, it both helps and hinders the image, I think!

They're gorgeous!!!!
The wheat in front of the lens in the first one is drawing my eye.
I like the lens flare, but I am not sure I like the fact that it kind of separates the two. He's in front of it and a bit faded, she's not.
Honestly? that's nit pickety photographer crap. Like I said, they're gorgeous and a client would love them.

...#1 puzzles me a trifle, it's excellent, but the wheat or oats or whatever seem to be leaning left to right, as if in a breeze, but there is evidently no breeze! I like that the couple is echoing that lean, but I find the whole thing a little.. off-kilter, somehow, because of that left-to-right sense of motion. Maybe there IS a breeze, her her hair is lacquered down enough to hide it? ...
Hey everyone... pick out the city kid! ;)

...#1 puzzles me a trifle, it's excellent, but the wheat or oats or whatever seem to be leaning left to right, as if in a breeze, but there is evidently no breeze! I like that the couple is echoing that lean, but I find the whole thing a little.. off-kilter, somehow, because of that left-to-right sense of motion. Maybe there IS a breeze, her her hair is lacquered down enough to hide it? ...
Hey everyone... pick out the city kid! ;)

Wait, did I say oats? I meant HAY!

I actually grew up in the country, but mostly we had canola fields around. But we called it rape.

Thanks guys. There was a bit of a breeze but not much and I have no idea if these are oat or wheat. :p These were shot using my D800.

ooh I really like #1! Excellent composition and mood.

Very nice. My only gripe would be what appears to be oats in the extreme foreground and to the right of the image. Indistinguishable as oats, but more as splotches. Looks like they get up into the mountain portion as well. Could be just me. Otherwise great images. Nice job.

I think they are both very well executed. At first I thought there was some dust blowing in the background, but now I see what you are seeing on the right side....a little distracting up in the sky and hills, but doesn't take too much away from the overall image.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back