Vieri

Fine Art Landscape Photographer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
linktr.ee
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Waterfalls are a constant presence in Iceland, they grace the landscape with their presence pretty much everywhere you look. Some are more iconic than others, and among the iconic ones Kirkjufellsfoss and Skogafoss are definitely high on the list. Here they are, photographed in winter:

X1DII1_01196.jpg

Kirkjufellsfoss at Sunset, 6 seconds, Hasselblad X1D II, Hasselblad XCD 21mm and Formatt-Hitech Firecrest filters.

X1DII2_01204.jpg

Skogafoss at Sunrise, 3 seconds, Hasselblad X1D II, Hasselblad XCD 30mm and Formatt-Hitech Firecrest filters.

Thank you for viewing & commenting, best regards

Vieri

Not jealous. Nope, definitely not green with envy.

Fantastic colors, love them

Yes, these winter waterfall shots are very unique. The combination of snow ice and flowing water and mist is very interesting. Capturing water in all of its states of matter is interesting enough. The blue tones work well with the cold weather. Just great shots

The first one is stunning. The pink sunset makes the photo. Great shot, I'm sure you never run out of things to photograph, living in that area [emoji7]

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Just beautiful! Is that first one a blend or a focus stack or something? The dof is amazing.

Not jealous. Nope, definitely not green with envy.

:D

Excellent shots as usual......

Thank you very much Jeff, glad you enjoyed them! :)

Fantastic colors, love them

Thank you very much, glad you enjoyed the colours here! :)

Yes, these winter waterfall shots are very unique. The combination of snow ice and flowing water and mist is very interesting. Capturing water in all of its states of matter is interesting enough. The blue tones work well with the cold weather. Just great shots

Thank you very much for your comment Charlie, I totally agree - working on water is inspiring anytime, anywhere, but adding the winter colours & light to the mix, and the Icelandic colour palette, makes for an even more inspiring experience :) Glad you enjoyed the results!

The first one is stunning. The pink sunset makes the photo. Great shot, I'm sure you never run out of things to photograph, living in that area [emoji7]

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Thank you very much, glad you enjoyed them! :) I actually live in Italy, but I go to Iceland at least twice a year for my Workshops & personal work :D

Just beautiful! Is that first one a blend or a focus stack or something? The dof is amazing.

Thank you very much, glad you enjoyed them! :) No, both are single shots - the DOF of the 21mm lens on medium format (17mm FOV equivalent in FF terms) is enough to take care of it without having to fiddle with focus stack & the like :)

Awesome images. Well done. Love them both!

Thank you very much indeed, glad you enjoyed them! :)

Best regards,

Vieri

Most reactions

Back