Vieri

Fine Art Landscape Photographer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
linktr.ee
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I love photographing Cornwall under all weather conditions, the Atlantic weather creates some amazing light shows - sometimes, the colours in the sky are so saturated that you actually need to tone them down in post-processing, rather than enhancing them.

X1DII2_00412.jpg

Trevose Head's Lighthouse, in Cornwall (UK), at sunset on a truly beautiful evening. 3.2 seconds, Hasselblad X1D II, Hasselblad XCD 21mm and Formatt-Hitech Firecrest Ultra filters

X1D1_01219.jpg

Godrevy Lighthouse, in Cornwall (UK), at sunrise on one of such mornings - a truly incredible show! 3 seconds, Hasselblad X1D, Voigtlander 15mm Super-Wide Heliar and Formatt-Hitech Firecrest Ultra filters

Thank you for viewing and commenting, best regards

Vieri

so saturated that you actually need to tone them down in post-processing, rather than enhancing them.

Funny you should say this. I am running into this "problem" occasionally with my new D850, where the tones are just too much and need to be reigned in a little. I didn't have this problem with my older D7000 of course.

As for the images, stunning. I appreciate both very much, and lovely to look at. I think the first has a little more to offer due to the stark white color of the lighthouse standing in contrast to the dramatic sky. Very nice work, once again.

Amazing, captivating scenes with simply wonderful light. You never see skies like that in the Tropics - wild thunderstorms yes, but not those colors and rumbling clouds, and 'the golden hour' here lasts about 5 minutes.

More perfection.

I have to pick the first photo as the better of the two also. The cloud is just amazing.

so saturated that you actually need to tone them down in post-processing, rather than enhancing them.

Funny you should say this. I am running into this "problem" occasionally with my new D850, where the tones are just too much and need to be reigned in a little. I didn't have this problem with my older D7000 of course.

As for the images, stunning. I appreciate both very much, and lovely to look at. I think the first has a little more to offer due to the stark white color of the lighthouse standing in contrast to the dramatic sky. Very nice work, once again.

Thank you very much for your comment, Charlie, glad you enjoyed the images :) About colours, when it comes to deeply saturated reds / oranges, most digital cameras tend to have troubles discerning tonal changes and tend to let the red channel go - I noticed that my X1D behaves much better than my old Leica SL, in this regard, but both need to be reigned it a bit sometimes.

Amazing, captivating scenes with simply wonderful light. You never see skies like that in the Tropics - wild thunderstorms yes, but not those colors and rumbling clouds, and 'the golden hour' here lasts about 5 minutes.

Thank you very much indeed, glad you enjoyed them! :) Yes, the norther you go, the better (and longer) sunrises and sunsets you get, at least to my taste - and of course the season makes a difference too, with winter being better than summer ;)

More perfection.

Thank you very much indeed for your very kind comment! :)

I have to pick the first photo as the better of the two also. The cloud is just amazing.

Thank you very much indeed Dean, glad you enjoyed them and #1 in particular! :)

Nominated the first one for POTM. Love the clouds.

Thank you very much for the nomination, Cheryl, glad you enjoyed it! :)

Excellent photography......

Thank you very much, Jeff, glad you enjoyed them! :)

Best regards,

Vieri

Most reactions

New Topics

Back