Two of my friends, in studio

Tittan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.kittelsaa.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I've got fantastic friends! They let me shoot them, and they come back for more, and all the time I get to try out new stuff, and practice using my studio.

Here are two of my friends, in my studio, playing in front of the camera, while I explore my AlienBee 1600 strobes.

5355368470_374b62785a.jpg

Christina

5354780231_8ece50848b.jpg

Trine

Hope you like the photos, and that you would give me some C&C so I can improve.

C&C per req:

1. Nice lighting; not really sure about the outfit, but you work with what you get when it comes to free models. The pose is a bit unimaginiative, but again...

2. Not bad, however given how dark her hair is, I think a kicker/hairlight (perhaps low power strobe, snooted/barn doors camera left) would have brought out some detail. Wayyyy over the top in the skin-smoothing though. I understand the desire to remove minor blemishes, but like a lot of post-processing techniques, it's easy to go overboard.

Just my $00.02 worth - your mileage may vary.

~John

Thank you for the honest C&C tirediron, much appreciated.

When it comes to the skin-smoothing on #2, she always has a thick layer of stuff in her face, so I felt I had to take it to the extreme to make her look less shiny... I will fiddle a bit with her face (omg, that sounds... :lol:) in Lightroom, and see if I get a less extreme variant though.

About a kicker/hair light. I tried using the other AlienBee as a slave, but the bulb had broken, so I had to go with the modelling light/reflector. Got a new bulb now though, so next time I'll have it.

Most reactions

Back