Two photos of two girls... pick your favorite!

RMThompson

the TPF moderators rock my world!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Which one works better? You decide! :)

3975488363_1cf779b39b_b.jpg

4013145228_ce008d33bd_b.jpg

Chalk and cheese ... they're such different compositions, it's difficult to make a meaningful comparison. FWIW, personally I prefer the swimming pool.

I prefer the girl in the pool. In the second photo, they eyes look horrible, what with the one eyeball obscured by hair and all.

Neither

#1 Model is growling, Is there a reason she is grownling in this image? and why hide her breasts when she is wearing a swim suit? there is also a halo around her.
It isn't a very flattering pose at all

Make it better: Tell her what emotion you want, Be seductive / Happy
Throw water over her (and wet the hair) and perhaps cover her Breasts with one hand / arm instead of 2 hands.
Tilt her head back a bit.
for you: Try not overexpose her shoulder.

#2 All I see wrong is the eye... and the right hand side is over exposed

Make it better: Remove the hair / Cut it if she is willing
She is conveying seductiveness through her lips BUT her eyes are bored, Try and make her smile WITH HER EYES not her mouth
Also in Photoshop, I would use the pull tull (liquify) to make her bottom lip just a tad smaller.

Also perhaps a brief would help us out a little to understand what you are looking for.

Neither

#1 Model is growling, Is there a reason she is grownling in this image? and why hide her breasts when she is wearing a swim suit? there is also a halo around her.
It isn't a very flattering pose at all

Make it better: Tell her what emotion you want, Be seductive / Happy
Throw water over her (and wet the hair) and perhaps cover her Breasts with one hand / arm instead of 2 hands.
Tilt her head back a bit.
for you: Try not overexpose her shoulder.

#2 All I see wrong is the eye... and the right hand side is over exposed

Make it better: Remove the hair / Cut it if she is willing
She is conveying seductiveness through her lips BUT her eyes are bored, Try and make her smile WITH HER EYES not her mouth
Also in Photoshop, I would use the pull tull (liquify) to make her bottom lip just a tad smaller.

Also perhaps a brief would help us out a little to understand what you are looking for.

Hey man I appreciate the feedback. You are right on the overexposure, but it was intended to be this way.

On the first image though, I chose the posing for a reason, as well as the hair not being wet. It's actually an homage to an old Madonna photograph shot in a similar way. The halo is merely a version of vignetting that I prefer, not everyone likes it.

The second image I can agree with the critiques; except with the hair. I love the little bit of mystery it ads. Oh and the lips? No WAY I make them smaller, big full lips are awesome! LOL I suppose that is jsut personal preference.

:DI personally love number two! If you had some way to have the focus completely on her eyes even more I think this would make a very powerful shot. The thing is the mesh/veil is somewhat in the way. I like the mood of this shot very much

What makes #1 akward for me is that she's covering her chest and yet she still has her top on. No pun intended but if she was performing such a pose I think it would be better without the top to add some spice and appeal to the mood. Tough to ask a model of such a request though.

They both have their good points as well as room for improvement, IMO.

The think that I noticed most, was that we don't really see the pupils of their eyes. In the first one, she's looking too far up and in the 2nd one, the hair is just getting in the way. It's a small thing, but I think it would greatly improve each image.

Oh and the lips? No WAY I make them smaller, big full lips are awesome! LOL I suppose that is jsut personal preference.
So you're one of them! Hmm! I can't wait till the trend passes. That and the overly made up eyes.:playball:

I know it has nothing to do with critiquing your photos. Just stating my piece.;)

Nah nah, I like full lips (OMG MEGAN FOX *Drool*)
But jus her top lip is fairly thin compared to her bottom lip, It is a little TOO prominent looks like she has been punched.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back